Need Reassurance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NiGeR1986

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a small Cream Angelfish, or others call it Indian Yellow tail, but anywho i have had the lil fella for about a week and a half, i got it cause it was half off fish day for employees where i work for one!!!:D. Second Because i thought it was pretty and they are Im pretty sure THE hardiest Large Bread Angelfish. So that appealed to me greatly. Havent had Any problems with him other than one thing....... Hes got these pushed in markings around the eyes on both sides. Now i thought that this was something that they all had at first cause its not too noticable until you get up close. Then we just got another one in yesterday at the store and it doesnt have it!? So im thinking it might be genetics, or maybe malnutritioned before we got him, I really dont think its that disease I forget what its called, but where there top of there head is pushed in, because this is on both sides of the face around eyes. Usually i go on if there eating and swimming normally and behavior is normal there usually fine. I know you cant always count on this. Thas why i am turning to you guys! He eats like a pig, i feed him a variety of foods, like Angel and Butterfly frozen formula, Krill, Spectrum, etc. Also i uploaded pics in my album on here, so if anyone would please take a look at the Angel, If u look in my album the first pic of the angel hes facing downward toward substrate, i labeled it as "another pic of her" you can see what im talking about look under his eye, theres more but u can see that one good. So please guys let me know that my fishy is ok.. THANKS Kyle:cool:

Hard to really tell, but my guess would be head and lateral line disease. Improved water quality and improved diet may help. It's also possible it can be caused by stray voltage in a tank.

How old is your tank? Looks like it was just setup. No algae of any kind?

yeah its about 2 months setup. There is starting to become alot of brown algae on the plants, and rocks. The fish had it when i bought it though im sure of that. But like i said i can never feed her enough. She loves Krill, and frozen foods of anykind really. I think she will be alright. But who knows. Thanks for Comment

Back
Top Bottom