Need stocking help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NicoleIsStoked

Aquarium Advice Freak
My 50gal long looks empty. It's FOWLR, 4ft long and currently houses:
2 ocell clowns
1 foxface Lo
1 bicolor angelfish
2 fire shrimp
4 baby hermit crabs
And 3-4 trochus/tactus snails

I'm looking for suggestions of what else to add. I want to allow enough room for all my fish to grow out comfortably (I realize the foxface may or may not eventually outgrow the tank) but I can't help but feel that such a large tank looks silly with so few fish. Suggestions must be peaceful, relatively inexpensive (no $150 fish pls) colourful, and reasonably easy to keep.
Seeing as how I already have the foxface and angelfish I was thinking a handful of small fish would possibly be best but I'm open to suggestions. I think I will be getting a royal gramma and I would love some damsels but that obviously a no no.
Thanks!

Well, less is more when it comes to stocking. :p How long has your tank been running?

I like Flame Angles. Maybe that would be ok for your tank. They are a little aggressive, but as long as it's the last thing in your tank it should be ok.

Tank had been running since the end of September. I've been adding 1-2 fish every 1-2 weeks. I would love a flame angel but I think that's a bad idea already having a bicolor.

You can add wrasse, royal gramma, dottyback, midas blenny :) i mentioned those because I want them in my 55 gal tank too :D good luck

maybe three chromis
or your royal gramma and a wrasse
or 2-3 bangaii cardinals
or 2-3 pj cardinals
or a goby and a hawkfish
or a black cap basslet and a firefish

lots of options

Back
Top Bottom