Need Triggerfish Compatability

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IndyJay71

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Can anyone provide stocking options with Triggerfish (esp. Picasso)?

Can Tangs really coexist with them? I've got a 110gal. Don't plan on doing a reef.

Thanks,

- Jay

I've had a Picasso Trigger, he was the nicest fish I've ever owned. Had to get rid of my tank when my family moved. He never caused problems, his room mates were a Volitan Lionfish and Young Panther Grouper. Make sure there's lots of shelter for them, including caves big enough to hide their whole body.

Right now I have a Niger Trigger, glorious fish but a bit of a chicken. He gets along great with my Porcupine Puffer.

Thanks, I think the Picasso is for me.. lot's of personality and pretty hardy. Is it true it actually will grunt at you at feeding times? So you think the Niger would be okay with a Picasso? Niger's a beauty a well.

When I SCUBA, and they are around. I could hear them munching the coral.

No, Picassos and Nigers won't work together. I had a Picasso, had to sell him when we moved. Once back into the hobby I got a Niger. They are very trainable also, mine easily ate from my fingers (and didn't miss) Recognizes you instantly and will be at the top of the tank before you blink if he spots a container of food in your hand.

Mine was a bit weird though, he use to watch TV...particularly if I was watching something about fish, especially JAWs.

Back
Top Bottom