Needed help with my New Regal Tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pupppz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
IMG_5999.jpgIMG_6001.jpg

Hi everyone, I've got this one from my LFS 2 day ago. When questioned about its white patches on its body, the guy at the LFS told that the fish is stressed a but and in days time he should be fine . What I noticed that his left eye is swollen .. but apart from this the fish is showing as healthy and eating well. Please give me some suggestions.
Thank you

Head and lateral line erosion or HLLE. Very common in hippo tangs and can be caused by stress, poor diet and other factors. It doesn't look that bad yet so it may be able to be reversed with proper care. Keep it very well fed on a varied diet and make sure to provide it nori seaweed as well.

Head and lateral line erosion or HLLE. Very common in hippo tangs and can be caused by stress, poor diet and other factors. It doesn't look that bad yet so it may be able to be reversed with proper care. Keep it very well fed on a varied diet and make sure to provide it nori seaweed as well.

Thank you so much for you reply, also I have another question for you , I have a copperband butterfly fish , it's been in my tank for more than 2 weeks now. Its healthy and always looking for a food between the rocks . I've been trying to feed frozen brine shrimp/ mysis and I even tried to feed clams but it didn't seem to like it at all and it's always been looking for a food on my live rock. Could please suggest me on what I could feed or make him eat .
Thank you

this some times works with copperbands and other longnose butterflies. get different size snail shells. puree chopped superfine clams and shrimp stuff the shells, you want small shells. hermitcrab type. freeze the stuffed shell. defrost lightly put a few different ones down where she will notice them. I have had this work on difficult butterflys. Take note on what shell she is eating out of. You need different type shells.

Thank you everyone for your replies but sadly my CBB died today but I trued all the avenues but nothing happened and it didn't touch it at all ;(

Back
Top Bottom