New 100gal build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Million8

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just set up my new 100 gal tank. Cycle completed and now adding livestock. What you think?

Attachments

• image-2532637587.jpg
    image-2532637587.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 128
  • image-168978936.jpg
    image-168978936.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 131
  • image-3853574283.jpg
    image-3853574283.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 142
  • image-2411879249.jpg
    image-2411879249.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 122
Tank looks great! My only question is about the clowns. Is that a reflection or do you have 3? I think that could be a problem. Two will more likely pair off and kill the third. Dont have first hand experience with that but have seen several posts of that happening.

Lol i thought there wasa reflection at first, but if you look close you can see each fish's reflection on the back glass... He has 3 :/ everything spoonman said is right, there will be a third wheel in this relationship and he will be killed eventually :(

4 clownfish
6 chromis
1 Picasso trigger
1 Auriga butterfly
2 turbo snails

The clowns seem fine together. They all swim and play together. The larger 2 are a mated pair. The smaller 2 were just introduced about a month ago.

FOWLR only. I've had no probs so far. Fingers crossed. Hmmmm...

I have to agree about the 2 pairs of clowns. I had the same setup in my 6 foot 125g tank and after a few months of bliss the one set decided out of the blue that they had to kill the other pair. This all happened in a days time and luckily I had a place to put the other clowns. I have zero doubt in my mind that the one pair would have been killed.

It may work for awhile but it usually ends in mad aggression. Just a heads up!

And I would watch that butterfly, they are notoriously difficult to get eating. I lost one after about a month of it eating fine and doing well out of nowhere. :-(

carey said:
I have to agree about the 2 pairs of clowns. I had the same setup in my 6 foot 125g tank and after a few months of bliss the one set decided out of the blue that they had to kill the other pair. This all happened in a days time and luckily I had a place to put the other clowns. I have zero doubt in my mind that the one pair would have been killed.

It may work for awhile but it usually ends in mad aggression. Just a heads up!

And I would watch that butterfly, they are notoriously difficult to get eating. I lost one after about a month of it eating fine and doing well out of nowhere. :-(

:( sorry for your loss! We lost ours (yellow long nose) unexpectedly. We didn't have him long. I have read in a few places that you are lucky if a butterfly lives longer than a few months. Not sure if that's true. But we wont get one again :)

Moved my 2 smaller clowns into my other tank....looking a bit bare now.

Back
Top Bottom