New 125 gallon fowlr tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flow863

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just got this setup off craigslist for a great price
Let me know what yall think

I paid $500 for the whole set up minus the live stock
Should i not have 3 tangs?
I wanted to also add a blue hippo tang >_<
Lol

Flow863 said:
I paid $500 for the whole set up minus the live stock
Should i not have 3 tangs?
I wanted to also add a blue hippo tang >_<
Lol

Tangs are pretty aggressive towards each other. Especially if they have the same body shape. I currently have 2. A Naso and a Powder Blue. The Naso is pretty laid back but the Powder Blue is pretty belligerent. I don't think I'd do four in a 125g. Also, minimum tank size is 180g for a Blue Hippo. When in doubt, check liveaquaria.com. Good luck!

A blue hippo is fine in a 125. Only big guys need 180s. That being said 4 tangs in a 125 is a lot.

Very nice tank and a great deal too. Yeah about those tangs, less is more. There are only a few tangs that I can think of that are not tang aggressive, like an orange shoulder for example. It may work for you but be careful, tangs can fight to the death.

What exactly did you get for $500? I see stand, hood, lights, tank, substrate, and fish. Anything else?

A puffer should never look skinny or have a sunken tummy. The pic is either at a bad shot or infested with internal parasite.

The puffer was swimming upwards and kinda sucked in his stomach
He isnt skinny
Lol
He eats a whole clam at a time
And the set up included the tank, black live sand, live rock, sump, return pump, protein skimmer, uv sterilizer, powerhead, and stand

Flow863 said:
The puffer was swimming upwards and kinda sucked in his stomach
He isnt skinny
Lol
He eats a whole clam at a time
And the set up included the tank, black live sand, live rock, sump, return pump, protein skimmer, uv sterilizer, powerhead, and stand

Cool. Glad he is healthy. Pics can be deceiving.

Back
Top Bottom