Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 06-02-2005, 12:01 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Nice pics. what kind of camera you using?

Paintballs look like bubble gum
14G starphire,150W MH+32W act03,AquaClear 150 HOB filter, 75W EboJager, IceProbe chiller, Remora skimmer, closed loop SCWD mag5, auto toper-offer.
klam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 12:23 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Regular
Great pics and congrats on the baby!!!!

30 gallon reef tank w/DIY overflow, SCWD
Water Temp 78.1F
65W Dual Compact Fluorescent
65W Dual Compact Fluorescent Actinic
2-Moonlight LED
50# Fiji Live Rock
30# Argonite Sand
Yellow Watchman Goby, Scooter Blenny, Strawberry Basslet, 6 Line Wrasse, Mandarin Dragonet
Cortez Crabs, Scarlet Hermit Crabs, Blue Legged Hermit Crabs, Black Turbo Snails, Cerith Snails, Bumble Bee Snails, Astera Snails, 3 Pepermint Shrimp, Feather Duster, Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp, Clam
Frogspawn, Mushrooms, Zoos, Polyps, Galaxea,
Starburst, Xenia

10 Gallon Tank
CPR Bak-Pak2R Skimmer
2-10w 50/50 Compact Florescent
20# Argonite Sand
10# Fiji Live Rock/Rubble
Chaeto, Red Garacillia
Flsprophet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 02:17 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict
Man, I want your clown. He's so purdy. Almost red.
schoeplein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 03:58 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Send a message via MSN to gooyferret Send a message via Yahoo to gooyferret
Very nice pics! Everything looks very healthy. Schoeplein you can have the clown i want the toadstool leather...
" 'TAP TAP TAP'...Here fishy fishy fishy"
gooyferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 09:43 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict
I updated the pics in the original post, they are much smaller now, should load quickly for most people on broadband.

To answer some questions...

-The tank is just over 8 months old. I have pics from back then all the way to now. Just to give you an idea of the progression, he is the first pic I ever took of my marine tank:

-I do not use any supplements. Just water changes, roughly 10%->15% a week.

-Water paraments have been easy for me to maintain. I did this tank very slowly and it has worked out so far. It was always a goal of mine to have 2 pounds of LR per gallon and a good skimmer for Berlin method filtration. I added the rock in 4 batches until I reached 30+ pounds to meet my goal, and I run the Remora 24/7. I skim wet as well, I feel it gets more waste of of the tank, even if it wastes some water.

-Camera was a Canon 10D that belongs to my friend. I only have a Canon A60, but will upgrade soon

*26 freshwater*
2x Sunburst Platys (2M, 2F) // 3x Neon Tetras (?) // 2x Cherry Barbs (1M, 1F) // 2x YoYo Loaches (?) // 1x Bushy Nose Pleco (M) // 1x Clown Pleco (?) //

*15H marine*
-30# Live Rock
-Mixed Snails (Nassarius // Cerith // Astrea // Black Turbo // Mexican Turbo)
-8x Blue Leg Hermit Crabs // 1x Banded Serpent Star // 1x Cleaner Shrimp
-1x Royal Gramma // 1x Percula Clownfish
-2x Mushroom Leather // Metallic Green Star Polyps // Pulsing Xenia // Striped Xenia // Blue Mushroom
-Remora + Maxi-Jet 1200 // 2x Maxi-Jet 600 // Maxi-Jet 400 // Visi-Therm Deluxe 50 // Current USA Orbit 2x 40w PC
grimlock3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 10:12 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via MSN to RocketSeason
Originally Posted by fishfreek
The clown shots are outstanding. Clowns are always hard to photograph at least i think so since they never really stop moving.
I have never. ever. ever ever ever. Gotten a good shot of my clowns.

that is a great amount of progress. much more than I have been able to do in over a year.

Hardware: 37 gallon SW tank and stand by Oceanic Systems, Magnum 350 Pro Canister Filter (half carbon), CPR Bak Pak 2R skimmer, Maxijet 1200 Powerhead, RenaCal 150 W heater, Compact fluorescent lights with moonlights. 40 lbs of liverock, 3" sand bed.

Software:2 Tank-Raised Ocellaris Clowns, 1 Purple Firefish, 1 Electric Orange hermit crab, 18 Blue Legged hermit crabs, 8 or so Nassarius snails, Xenia, Blue, green, and Green Striped Mushrooms.

Click here to vote for AquariumAdvice.com: The friendliest, fishiest place on the net!

Central Illinois Marane Aquarist (CIMA) member.
RocketSeason is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com