New 15H tank shots =) /56k warning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

grimlock3000

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have not posted much in a while, however I used to be a very regular poster on these boards. Then I had a baby and all that fun stuff so real life too over for a while :) Figured I would share some new pics of my tank. In the last few months I have gone from a 15H FOWLR with minimal Coraline to a reef-in-progress with Coraline covering everything in the tank.

Compression on these pics is horrible, I will fix that when I get home from work so they load quicker so its not like 2MB of images :eek:

Cleaner Shrimp, in the top right of the pic, you can see a new Mushroom and a Sinularia frag I recently got. This is on the side of the tank, I can not get to the Coraline on the glass:

CRW_3700.jpg

The very photogenic Clownfish:

CRW_3667.jpg

Clownfish in front of its Toadstool Leathers. The Clown is recently starting to host these:

CRW_3651.jpg

Striped Xenia center, Metallic Green Polyps on the bottom left:

CRW_3656.jpg

Pulsing Xenia, this little thing is the best. I angled my powerheads around so it always pulses, but still get good water flow:

CRW_3704.jpg

Shrimp at night, neat pic:

CRW_3722.jpg

Full tank shot. Mushroom and Sinularia frag top left, Pulsing Xenia bottom left, Royal Gramma and Clown left, Toadstool Leathers center, Metallic Green Star Polyps and Striped Xenia right, coraline everywhere:

CRW_3709.jpg

What are you using for supplements calcium, etc....? Tank looks great! I have been using b-ionic in my tank for about a month and the coraline has started to go crazy all over everything.

The clown shots are outstanding. Clowns are always hard to photograph at least i think so since they never really stop moving.

Very nice pics! Everything looks very healthy. Schoeplein you can have the clown i want the toadstool leather... :lol:

I updated the pics in the original post, they are much smaller now, should load quickly for most people on broadband.

To answer some questions...

-The tank is just over 8 months old. I have pics from back then all the way to now. Just to give you an idea of the progression, he is the first pic I ever took of my marine tank:

first.jpg

-I do not use any supplements. Just water changes, roughly 10%->15% a week.

-Water paraments have been easy for me to maintain. I did this tank very slowly and it has worked out so far. It was always a goal of mine to have 2 pounds of LR per gallon and a good skimmer for Berlin method filtration. I added the rock in 4 batches until I reached 30+ pounds to meet my goal, and I run the Remora 24/7. I skim wet as well, I feel it gets more waste of of the tank, even if it wastes some water.

-Camera was a Canon 10D that belongs to my friend. I only have a Canon A60, but will upgrade soon :)

-

fishfreek said:
The clown shots are outstanding. Clowns are always hard to photograph at least i think so since they never really stop moving.

I have never. ever. ever ever ever. Gotten a good shot of my clowns.

that is a great amount of progress. much more than I have been able to do in over a year.

Back
Top Bottom