New 225 gallon.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tmgixxer

Aquarium Advice Regular
Finally finished my new switch from 75g to 225g. Thanks for all the help and tips.

image-1211104862.jpg

Nice. looks awesome. What fish u gonna b stocking champ

Rite now I have a yellow tank a powder brown tang damsel lion fish brown banded shark 2 clowns chocolate chip star oh and a pink and yellow fish my wife liked so I bought it for her. I will b getting another tang and possibly a morish idol

tmgixxer said:
Rite now I have a yellow tank a powder brown tang damsel lion fish brown banded shark 2 clowns chocolate chip star oh and a pink and yellow fish my wife liked so I bought it for her. I will b getting another tang and possibly a morish idol

Nice. Love lions and sharks. My plan also. But mayb not shark. Not sure if tank big enough :( but def clowns and lions. And mayb a clown trigger. Hows the shark? Is he very big? Idols r nice. Luv it

I have a brown banded shark and He seems to be doing fine. What size tank are you planning on setting up or do you have set up?

tmgixxer said:
I have a brown banded shark and He seems to be doing fine. What size tank are you planning on setting up or do you have set up?

they r awesome. Glad to hear. I think its bout 160g mayb. 610 litres. Still not set up though

A brown banded would be fine in that one. I had a 75 and he would have a blast in there but I had to limit my live rock cause he likes to swim.

tmgixxer said:
A brown banded would be fine in that one. I had a 75 and he would have a blast in there but I had to limit my live rock cause he likes to swim.

Oh k. Sweet :) like the sound of that. Youll have to take a couple of snaps of the shark and lion and post them up for us to enjoy. What sort of filtration r u running?

I am running a fluval fx5 with carbon and a 40gal sump with a phantom protein skimmer and a blue line external pump. In the sump i just have the bio balls and a bag of chemi-pure

image-765111628.jpg

image-2217571445.jpg

There is a pic of the shark an lion with my red star that also looks very nice in my opinion. Lol. Are u planning on doing fowlr?

Here are some pics of my 40 gallon reef.

image-2567135525.jpg

This one is my new carpet coral I bought yesterday.

image-398350189.jpg

If you look close on this one the coral on top split and it's rite under it.
image-2020070686.jpg

They r awesome. The star is kewl. Yeah planning on predator tank. Lion,eel,trigger and puffer. Mayb a shark if it suits. I've been wondering about running a cannister filter aswell as my sump also. Just because feeding time may get a tad messy. Even if i only switch it on for a while after feeding. The lions a baby. Looks so small next to the star

In that pic it looks small but it has grown a lot. A canister filter is good but since it's a much bigger tank the water flow helps a lot not just the fish the water also. I had the sump on the 75 and also a fluval 405. My canisters I have always used the with carbon just so I can get max clarity. In the 405 I had 3 canisters with carbon and one with bio max. So far it has treated me good.

tmgixxer said:
You are gonna use RO water rite?

I shouldnt have a problem with flow. Have a descent return pump and two 10000lph wave makers wizh a controller. Mayb ill wait till its up and running and c how it goes b4 i throw a cannister in amongst it. im sure it would b a good investment though. Yeah i picked up an rodi unit of ebay. Im thinking of collecting sea water for the initial cycle as i have easy access to it. Then do all the water changes with ro water

That sounds good. I hope everything goes well. Once it's set up send some pics.

tmgixxer said:
That sounds good. I hope everything goes well. Once it's set up send some pics.

Cheers. Will do. All the best to u and your lil guys

Back
Top Bottom