Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-03-2013, 04:04 AM   #131
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_X View Post
Carbon is good to use. I can't see a reason not to, if you care to go through the trouble.
Mr X my lionfish has a cloudy left eye. Do you know what causes this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-361302162.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	177.9 KB
ID:	183987  

Old 07-03-2013, 04:58 AM   #132
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley73 View Post

Mr X should i use Carbon in the Filtre.
Also have this slug looking thingy, is it ok or a pest?
I added the Moray today, what an awesome creature. Lionfish is very intrigued by him ( i think its a him).

Old 07-03-2013, 05:07 AM   #133
Aquarium Advice Freak

Slug thingy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3967742848.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	239.5 KB
ID:	183990  
Old 07-03-2013, 09:55 AM   #134
Aquarium Advice Addict

Cloudy eyes can be a water quality issue, sometimes an injury or a bacterial infection. If the eye is uniformaly cloudy, it is likely not an injury. If one area looks bad, its probably injury and fish can usually get bettor simply through good diet and keeping water as pristine as possible. If your parameters are pristine, that eliminates that possibility and leaves bacterial infection or possibly the signs of a disease coming on (some have this as a symptom, but often both eyes are cloudy). You can QT, improve diet, treat for bacterial infection and keep pristine water. You can also try improving water and diet alone, which may work on its own without medication.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:13 AM   #135
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTodd View Post
Cloudy eyes can be a water quality issue, sometimes an injury or a bacterial infection. If the eye is uniformaly cloudy, it is likely not an injury. If one area looks bad, its probably injury and fish can usually get bettor simply through good diet and keeping water as pristine as possible. If your parameters are pristine, that eliminates that possibility and leaves bacterial infection or possibly the signs of a disease coming on (some have this as a symptom, but often both eyes are cloudy). You can QT, improve diet, treat for bacterial infection and keep pristine water. You can also try improving water and diet alone, which may work on its own without medication.
Is food poisoning a possibility? I may have left the Krill out a bit long and possible re froze them to some degree. The lion fisk keeps squeezing between two pieces of rock for some reason so guess injury possible. Yes its just one eye. Parameters are or at-least were good. I got a new pellet food as well, its soft and sinks and is Very good allegedly.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:14 AM   #136
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Do you know what the slug thingy is? Thanks for your help. My wife calls me the todd sometimes as its my middle name. Weird...
Old 07-03-2013, 10:24 AM   #137
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Also if i replace the filtre media in my cannister and tip that water, which in-turn reduces the water capacity. Will it affect anything if i dont replace that water immediatly ?
Old 07-03-2013, 10:56 AM   #138
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'm not sure about the slug. Sorry.

Check your parameters. It could be as simple as doing some water changes and maybe adding some vitamin supplements to food. I'm not sure about the food poisoning idea. Maybe someone else would know about refereeing food like that.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:13 AM   #139
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
I'm not sure about the slug. Sorry.

Check your parameters. It could be as simple as doing some water changes and maybe adding some vitamin supplements to food. I'm not sure about the food poisoning idea. Maybe someone else would know about refereeing food like that.
Ok Thanks. I read something about food poisoning before.
Old 07-04-2013, 09:04 AM   #140
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
No. Fish don't get food poisoning. The slug is some sort of cucumber. Just watch it to see what it eats before getting paranoid and tossing it in the garbage. It should be fine in your predator tank.

Tags
3ft, setup, tan, tank setup

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com