New 3ft tank setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No. Fish don't get food poisoning. The slug is some sort of cucumber. Just watch it to see what it eats before getting paranoid and tossing it in the garbage. It should be fine in your predator tank.

Mr X do you think more frequent water changes is more beneficial than less frequent water changes? . Added Harlequin tusk to the tank yesterday and Lion fish Not happy and not eating. Bit worried.

Attachments

• image-4052508866.jpg
    image-4052508866.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 82
A water change, done correctly, can never hurt your tank or inhabitants.

What i meant to say was do you think more frequent smaller water changes are more beneficial than less frequent larger changes?

What do you mean when you say the lion fish is not happy since you added the Tusk? Is it just not eating or can it not eat? Are they not getting along? The one I used to have was very aggressive at feeding time and that was in a fairly light stocked 300g. The other fish almost had to fight to get their share of food. He was probably 10". You will want to keep that eventual size in mind. These are one if my favorite fish, but they need their space.

What do you mean when you say the lion fish is not happy since you added the Tusk? Is it just not eating or can it not eat? Are they not getting along? The one I used to have was very aggressive at feeding time and that was in a fairly light stocked 300g. The other fish almost had to fight to get their share of food. He was probably 10". You will want to keep that eventual size in mind. These are one if my favorite fish, but they need their space.

He didnt come out to eat and is like hiding in the rock instead of on top like he used to. I havnt seen anything else like being picked on.

He didnt come out to eat and is like hiding in the rock instead of on top like he used to. I havnt seen anything else like being picked on.

Lion fish came out tonight and seemed ok. Yes very aggressive at feeding time. Tusk Displaying unusual behaviour he keeps popping his head above the water while swimming ? Have you seen that before.

Lion fish came out tonight and seemed ok. Yes very aggressive at feeding time. Tusk Displaying unusual behaviour he keeps popping his head above the water while swimming ? Have you seen that before.

Filefish can nip at corals, but otherwise are fine to have. I have one in my system. It's a model citizen and eats mostly algae.

Hey, Mr X, can you keep Live rock in the dark without any light?

Added new pipe for snowflake and it would appear its been approved. Also added a blue starfish.

Attachments

• image-2119761062.jpg
    image-2119761062.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 257
  • image-2052094300.jpg
    image-2052094300.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 95
Can you keep starfish with snowflakes then just interested as planning my new tank with one in

Can you keep starfish with snowflakes then just interested as planning my new tank with one in

So far so good, he hasnt seemed to notice it and it spends most of the time at the water line. I also have a harlequin tusk. They are listed as eating star fish but i think the size would be the issue. Tusk doesn't seem interested wither.

Guys can you go to the beach to get water for the tank ??

NO! You don't know what's in that water. The ocean is huge and is able to clean out any contaminate that is put into it, but if you were to get your water straight out of the ocean and something was in it, than your tank would not be able to handle it.

Several on this forum are lucky enough to be in areas where they can collect off shore water. After some filtering, it is good to go. Problem with beach water is that the wave action makes the beach an enormous protein skimmer. Closer to the beach, more concentrated the DOC's.

Can Anyone tell me what this spotting on the back of the tank is? Its brown and started 4 days ago. Im guessing some sort of algae ?

Attachments

• image-2891302474.jpg
    image-2891302474.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 96
Back
Top Bottom