Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-15-2012, 04:59 AM   #21
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1610

Nice. You don't suppose a dogface would fit in a 75 would ya? If it does, then I must have it jks I thought they were supposed to be kept in 120's for a minimum. That's a really nice puffer anyway. Good luck with your future experiences with him.
Allot of people and net say anything from minimum 90 to minimum 100.

I just learned on the puffer forum that green spotted puffer can be acclimated from brackish to salt.

I find this very interesting cause I catch them allllllll the time in the inter costal water ways here in south florida and during the hot months with no rain the specific gravity gets to 1.030. I've caught 1 inch ones to 8 inch being the biggest.

If you want a puffer in a marine 75 I'd try your luck at a large green spotted puffer

Old 10-16-2012, 09:33 AM   #22
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaker View Post
Allot of people and net say anything from minimum 90 to minimum 100.

I just learned on the puffer forum that green spotted puffer can be acclimated from brackish to salt.

I find this very interesting cause I catch them allllllll the time in the inter costal water ways here in south florida and during the hot months with no rain the specific gravity gets to 1.030. I've caught 1 inch ones to 8 inch being the biggest.

If you want a puffer in a marine 75 I'd try your luck at a large green spotted puffer
Awesome, but you're lucky where you live. Here in new south wales Australia we catch only bream, flounder, whiting and big boys that are to big for an average tank. You can catch all the cool stuff, like triggers, puffers in the aquarium trade, angels, heaps of stuff. Lol when it comes to catching fish for an aquarium, we got nothing on you, hahaha. Anyway thanks for the info.

Tags
eat

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com