New addition ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Salttanker

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello fellow hobbyists,

I am in the market to add another addition to my family. Currently, I have 3 Green Chromis, a few hermit crabs, and 1 Naso Tang (Female). I know, I know. The Naso was a rescue from a friend and once I put her in my tank, I don't have the heart to take her out. I have a 120g tank with a 30g sump beneath running approximately 1,800 gph. It's been running awesome for the last 8 months.
Whatever I put in there, I want to make sure the new family member gets along with my Naso. :D
Any thoughts would be great. One thing I would like to have is a fairly peaceful tank. Thanks again.

Regards,

Mike

That's a great idea. I do have quite a few pods in my tank. My Naso realized what they were the other day, so the population is under control now. Your pics are outstanding! Thanks for the idea.

Regards,

Mike

You dont need pods for them. They sift your sand and mine eats flake and mysis.

go for a flasher wrasse!!! they are exciting and colorful, get a male and female!!!

Sand-sifting gobies gain the bulk of their nutrition from sifting benthic crustaceans from the sandbed. Many aquariums are not able to supply enough nutrition to naturally satisfy their dietary needs so purchasing a pair that are accepting prepared foods already is important; otherwise, many perish from starvation. I would also repopulate your aquarium with copepods, amphipods, etc every so often to ensure they do gain some nutrition from their sifting.

I myself tend to be a smaller fish guy, with a couple of main attractions (such as your Naso). How about adding to your chromis school? Some othter favs of mine include the royal gramma, sixline wrasse, purple firefish, a couple perc clowns or a shrimp goby (especially nice when paired with a pistol shrimp)

Thanks Brian! I have a few Chromis now, but I was thinking about adding more. I was also toying with the idea of the shrimp goby and pistol shrimp last night. That is such a cool relationship!

Regards,

Mike

Back
Top Bottom