New Additions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mwilliams

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Here are a couple new additions to my tank:

Attachments

• IMG_0041.jpg
    IMG_0041.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_0036.jpg
    IMG_0036.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 144
Do you happen to know the name of the first fish in your pictures?

Orange Anthias at least that is what my LFS called him was going to go back to the store to get the others that he was with until I found out they require a lot of feeding times so before I get anymore like him I need to make sure that the 2 times a day feeding will be enough for him.

I also forgot to add that I just love to watch Lubbock wrasse his eyes move all over the place my other fishes eyes don't move like his...

So they have to be fed at least twice a day? Are there any other notable care issues?

i have heard that over and over but i know people that feed them with the rest of their fish daily, or even every other day and have seen no ill effects.
they are schooling fish. i will have at least a trio of anthias in my next tank.
congrats!

I had a trio of antheas (yellow ones) but they all died in different situations. My last one was eaten by my reef lobster i believe.

But I fed them twice daily with the rest of my fish and they were healthy for years

I'm looking forward to getting one soon. Thanks for the advice.

Thanks everyone. I think I will go and pick up the other two if they are still at the store this weekend.

HEYYYYYY

So I thought when I moved everything from my 46 g to my 120 g including the last Anthea that he stressed out and died and that my reef lobster ate him up. BUTTTTT low and behold, I get home last night and BOOM he is swimming around!!! [moderator edit]HE has been MIA for almost 2 weeks, no food nothing and then he magically appeared. He must have been very stressed and/or scared to hide that long with no food. And believe me I looked for him, anyways YAHOOOOOOOOOO lol

I am so glad he came out of hiding for you... I know the feeling all to well. My Cleaner Wrasse took a long time to come out one morning and I thought that he had passed away because I have been told by many and it is even online that they are very hard to keep. I have had him now for well over 8 months.

The only problem with feeding so many times is that it will foul your water quality up. That`s the only thing about anthias. They need a big tank with large water volume so it would be more forgiving in case the water quality does start to go south.I feed my tank every other day and been doing so for almost 13 yrs now. Helps to keep the excessive nutrients down. BTW the reason I posted was to say congrats on the new additions.

Just curious, which fish store did you buy from? I have a house in htown and go there about once a month

I got mine at Fishland (on Westheimer) but do not know if they have anymore right now. I forgot to look yesterday when I picked up my new salt mix (Aquavitro Salinity - by Seachem) and already don't like it. It has left a white residue on the bucket sides like the Oceanic did and the water is slightly cloudy when I looked at it this morning. Will be adding more RO to it when I get home from work tonight hope that will work if not I will be very upset. Tropic Marin Pro Reef was clear within a couple of minutes compared to this new salt mix.... I will be going to Fishland maybe on Sunday hope they still have the other two if not I will just have to wait till they get more in.

The only problem with feeding so many times is that it will foul your water quality up. That`s the only thing about anthias. They need a big tank with large water volume so it would be more forgiving in case the water quality does start to go south.I feed my tank every other day and been doing so for almost 13 yrs now. Helps to keep the excessive nutrients down. BTW the reason I posted was to say congrats on the new additions.

Hi Mike did you have Anthias right now? And they are okay to be feed like that?

Just curious, which fish store did you buy from? I have a house in htown and go there about once a month

Fishland
13155 Westheimer
Houston, TX 77077
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Back
Top Bottom