New Blue Neon Goby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Utilation

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I just got a blue neon goby yesterday and was wondering how long it takes for them to start cleaning fish and coming into the open more I see him hanging out on the right side of my tank in and around a piece of live rock. Any help is appreciated! My tanks a 54 gallon corner tank with 75 pounds of live rock, 80 pounds of livesand, a black ocellaris clown, picasso clown, firefish, purple firefish, and 2 green chromis.

they usually find a spot they feel comfortable and perch in the rock waiting for a fish to come by . they may not always clean every fish as they can feel uncomfortable with certain fish .
I had 4 in m tank they were really small under a inch they always hid till they got bigger
they are easy prey for a fast snack inch or smaller rarely have a chance. out of the 4 I have 1 full grown about 2 inch , I very seldom see him as he stays tucked in the holes in the rocks. he don't come out much
I always enjoyed cleaner shrimp they are always cleaning it's like a car wash fish line up for there turn .
I have a coral banded shrimp that will literally latch on to a bigger fish go for a ride while cleaning it's funny to watch

Back
Top Bottom