New clowns only

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fuj89

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi im new to saltwater fish keeping. Iv got tropical tank at the moment and thinking of going saltwater. The main reason for me going to saltwater is for the clown fish. My niece and nephew love it aswel after watching finding nemo lol

So can you guys advise me on keeping just clown fish in a nano tank? Iv got a 40litre tank at the moment which I'm thinking to make it a clown fish only tank(2 clowns). Also got a hang filter and thinking of putting a medium size sand bed.
What do you guys think?
Would the 40litre nano tank be Ok?

Let me know what you guys think and if you can direct me to the right way for keeping healthy clowns

Thank you

It's pushing it depending on what type of clowns we are talking about.
Overall, a pair would look for around a 20 gallon system, but with proper filtration and weekly water changes you could have two ocellaris would be ok.

It's pushing it depending on what type of clowns we are talking about.
Overall, a pair would look for around a 20 gallon system, but with proper filtration and weekly water changes you could have two ocellaris would be ok.
I was thinking percula clowns. I know the Maroon clowns get bigger then usual. I read that clowns take ages to grow aswel.

Yeah gonn a be doing weekly water changes and myt upgrade my filter aswel.

What do you think of a medium size sand bed with 1 of each clean up crew?

A standard is 1 lbs of rock and sand per gallon.
When it comes to a clean up crew, I'm not sure what you mean of one of each. There are many different types of crabs, snails, and so on that do all types of the same thing...but at the end of the day you don't need a clean up crew if you are on top of your maintenance.

Thinking of getting a 1 hermit crab and couple of snails. That's it really lol

Also was thinking of a 2inch sand bed

Make sure to get ocellaris not percula I've seen some huge perculas before. I think a pair of them is fine in a 10 as that's how I started the hobby and they did great. They do grow pretty fast though

Make sure to get ocellaris not percula I've seen some huge perculas before. I think a pair of them is fine in a 10 as that's how I started the hobby and they did great. They do grow pretty fast though
I like the percula clowns more then ocellaris. ?
Is it just size that's different between them. I know that ocellaris are tanks raised and percula arnt. But percula look more nice.

So 10litre tank is ok saltwater fish?.

No 10 is way to small I was saying 10 gallons which is about 40 litres. Percula can be tank raised as well, actually most clowns are tank raised, I've just seen 4-5" perculas before

Where can I buy a clown fish cheap in UK around northwest area?

Or is there any places in UK which is cheap to get clowns and would deliver?

Back
Top Bottom