New CUC... where is he?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KreativJustin

Aquarium Advice Freak
Last night I had gotten a new Yellow Sand Sifting Sea Cucumber, wow that's a mouthful. Well yesterday he moved around after being acclimated and put into the tank, he seemed like he was doing great.

However, I can't find him in the morning. This actually happened to me with the scooter blenny too, until I found out he sleeps under the sand. Do cucumbers burrow? I cannot seem to find him anywhere, I have a 55 gallon with LR stretched acrossed the tank.

I ended up finding him last night.. however, he has dissappeared again. I even moved ALL of the rocks, and still didn't find him. I sifted the sand with my hand to no avail. He is an amazing hider!

Do they hit up chaeto?

:thanks:

Yes, they submerge themselves in the sand eating everything that's in it. Don't worry about finding it. I don't think it will eat macroalgae. I believe they eat microfauna and uneaten food and fish waste. They will consume the dirty sand and poop out piles of clean sand.

Yes, they submerge themselves in the sand eating everything that's in it. Don't worry about finding it. I don't think it will eat macroalgae. I believe they eat microfauna and uneaten food and fish waste. They will consume the dirty sand and poop out piles of clean sand.

Awesome, thank you very much!

Back
Top Bottom