New Equipment for My 55 Gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blackhorse

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I really should have done alot more reading before I went out and bought my aquarium. I had no idea that I would need half of this stuff. :roll: (protein skimmer, live rock, ph's, refractometer). Here is the (hopefully) final equipment that I'm planning on buying in the next few days. Please give your opinion.

Hydor Koralia ph x 2 (400 gph each)
Aqua C Remora w/ maxi jet 1200- Protein Skimmer
50 lbs. of figi live rock
75 watt heaters x 2 (the 300w I have is not reliable)

I'll be adding the live rock in about 2 weeks into the cycle

I'd up the wattage on the heaters to 150 x2. Then if one fails you have a little extra protection. 55g is a fair amount of water to keep in the mid-seventies......'specially in a winter in Wisconson. :^)

jmo

Creamhorses

That is a good start. You may want to add a third powerhead down the road.

BTW...being from Milwukee...ever heard of the band "The Gufs"?

if liverock is your sole means of filtration, you will need a good bit more then that. You should also add it to the tank from the beginning of the cycle.

No I have a mechanical filter as well. So hopefully I'll be ok with the 50 lbs of figi live rock. Maybe I can add more later. I'm only going to start with maybe three fish. Maybe I'll go into the reef stuff way down the road.

Yeah the gufs are a great band. They play at Summerfest every year and are a headliner. I think they're hear again this year. There are alot of great bands here this year. Ever been to Summerfest?

Back
Top Bottom