New fish!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamesH

Aquarium Advice Activist
The new addition to my tank let me no what u think

Attachments

• image-1432604881.jpg
    image-1432604881.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 136
Qt

Attachments

• image-3993112352.jpg
    image-3993112352.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 131
Looks a nice specimen, what you keeping with it? I'm trying to decide what to get next any ideas?

He's on his own at the moment I'm not sure what else will be going in with him yet. What fish do u have and what sized tank?

Lol well as long as you don't buy anything that will fit in his mouth you'll be ok, live rock in the background looks good too! I got a 400 litre tank plus sump (sorry I know this is an American site but I don't work in gallons plus an American gallon is different to a UK gallon - gets too complicated lol.) With some chromis, engineer goby, a bicolour angel and a sailfin. I won't be keeping coral other than maybe some zoas and mushrooms to live'n up the tank. I did have an amazing volitans but my housemates mate me get rid of it because it was so lazy - was gutted! Really like boxfish but they get huge!

400L is 106 US gallons :). The fishes you listed are pretty small so it might not be a wise to have kept it with the volitan for long, they get huge! All lionfishes are slow, they like to corner they're prey and "suck" them in haha.

Ah yeah I know that, they were his replacement lol! I like to look after my fish but not to the point I'm paying for them to have five star meals lol

Oh and to answer your question from the looks of the pic its a fu man chu lionfish

Its an antennata lionfish thinking about a shoal of damsels a trigger and 1 other fish to go in with him maybe a male bird wrasse what do you think??

I would be careful with damsels especially as lions are nocturnal feeders. Trigger would be fine. I would agree about getting larger ones, how big is the lion atm? I've never kept that kind so don't know how big it will get? Thought it was a fu man chu :-s sorry hard to see on my phone! What type of damsels you thinking?

Max size for the lion Is 7 inches he's only about 2 inches. shoal of 5 damsels are all about an inch oh and there 2 stripe damsels

I would be more inclined to go for larger chromis. Lions mouths get pretty big compared to the rest of their bodies so you would have to get damsels that get fairly large and in my experience larger damsels can be a bit of a pest because they can be aggressive. But then again they wouldn't attack a trigger or a lion. A shoal of fire fish would look very impressive but a bit more pricey! If you like the two stripes though try floating the bag in near pitch black light and sit with a touch and watch the lion, you'll soon see if he is interested in eating them! If he doesn't bother then you should be good to go! Just keep him well fed lol

Back
Top Bottom