New Guy Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trameltanz

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi everyone! I have been looking for a place to enjoy my new-found passion. I have joined other forums and decided to give this place a try. Over the past few months I have learned a lot about maintaining a saltwater aquarium. From the types of salt to the importance of an efficient filter I have found myself enlightened every day. Below is my current inventory and look forward to getting to know some of you.

Kindest Regards,

Jason

~60 gal Tank
Eheim 2215,Wet/Dry - Mag7, UV Filter, ~80lbs live rock
Brittle star, Choc. Chip Star, 2 Sea Urchin, 2 cleaner shrimp, One Banded Shrimp, Small Red Crab, 4 elephant snail
Singapore Angel,Coral Beauty, Red Coris Wrasse (Juvenile), 2 Chromis, Black Percula

WELCOME TO AA!!

What kind of urchins are they?

Thanks for the inquiry roka! And thanks for the welcome macatua!

I have two urchins! One is a white pincusion (very cool with lime green stripes in between its spines) and the other, well, lets not say that it is a pencil urchin. The second one has thicker spines than that the pin cusion but nothing like the pencil urchins. The spines are about the width of a pencil lead and are about 1" long.

Hmmm, maybe a black long spined urchin? Sounds neat, can you get a pic? I have a pincushion and pencil urchin. It's funny to see the pincushion snatch a snail and carry him around for the day. I'm sure the snail is not too happy about this....

Welcome to AquariumAdvice.com!!! :smilecolros: :smilecolros: :smilecolros:
Sounds like you are well on your way! We love pics here. Feel free to post some if you get a chance.

Thanks everyone!

*blush*

Ya'll are all so nice and warm and sweet!!

Thanks so much for the welcomes!

I will be posting a little history, some current events, and plans for the future.

*high fives and thumbs up for everyone*

Thanks again for the wonderful "hellos"

I wouldnt say that they are the best of friends but they arent bitter rivals either. The Coral Beauty seems to bully the Singapore around a bit. The cohabitate without any significant problems.

Back
Top Bottom