New member saying hi and needs some advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

werd2738

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everyone! New to the site and the hobby in general. I have a 60 gallon fowlr that I plan on adding a snowflake eel and a fuzzy dwarf lion. I currently have 50lbs of live rock with another 20lbs curing in my ten gallon. Basically im looking for tankmates that are active, attractive and will most likely stay off the menu. I know everyone says anything that wont fit in there mouths but im hoping to find a more specific answer. Im wide open to all suggestions. I would like two or three if possible. Im running a marineland bio wheel 1300 powerhead and a coralife protein skimmer. Also would like some opinions on what order to out fish suggestions in. Thanks so much in advance!

Oh and one more thing. Any suggestions on a lid to make it "eel safe"? One I should buy,or should I just try to seal my lighted canopy hood?

I have a glass top that fits tight and my eel stays put. I have a 30 " snowflake with a Niger trigger, foxface, and a few damsels. I also have a Koran angel but you would need a bigger tank for that. I keep him fed well, every other day, or when he comes out looking for food. Good luck !

Would a huma be ok in a 60 gallon? And with the lion?

I have a snowflake in a 36 bowfront that has a stock lid on it. It does fine and I duct taped plastic that I cut from the cone when my dog was spade to cover the hole where the hob filter used to be.

No. No triggers in a 60. 6' for triggers. More active and aggressive than tangs.i would get a type of dwarf angel.

they say 70 gallons for the trigger but i have seen them kept very successful in a 55 so a 60 would be fine i would think jmho

Even if 60 was ok I would worry to much about my lion getting harassed or hurt.

there is a gentleman on this forum that has the lion and trigger together they get along good he is also the one who had them in a 55 look up the pics for this tank elude82

Back
Top Bottom