New puffer wont eat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He is fine . I gotta get a turkey baster to feed him tho. I almost got my fingers bit this morning lol

I like this site. And I'm glad he is doing great keep us updated. And yea I have a triggerfish that has gotten my fingers once or twice lol. I love those puffers and they are really cool fish. Good luck and happy posting.

I hope my comment didnt come across as nasty or attacking, it wasnt meant that way, just like most people on here, we just want youre new wet pet to have the best possible life it can :) Good luck with the little guy

No your comment didn't bother me at all. It was off topic but all you did was say what you have seen as a tank size on a different site. Tank size is always different for every person and website. I think a 75 is big enough for one puffer that will get 15 inches if he is alone like he will be.

Soooo, a 15 inch fish in a 48 inch saltwater tank should be ok? If you are 5 feet tall, then a 17 foot space is all you would need.....and using the same logic and a Puffer as the victim, you would be 5 feet tall and over 300 lbs---since our Porc Puffer is a (ehhh) wide fish with a vorascious appetite.

Yeah, the Emperors and Seaclone should do the job for the long term success of this fish. You are so very, very wrong on this and being "rooted" on by forum members that are not willing to step up and set you straight.

I will, since your fish can't talk. You've made a bad decision, your fish will suffer in a very NEW tank, and it is irresponsible to have this sized fish in that sized tank.

The bottom line is my tank has been stable with not one spike and the puffer is probably not even 3 inches. He is happy and healthy. If there comes a time when I feel he needs a bigger tank or mine gets hard to keep stable I will make changes and or setup a bigger tank whatever it will take to keep him happy I will do it. Ok i hope this ends this whole argument

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad that you explained that!
Good luck with your puffer. I hope Vegas a long happy life with you

Thanks for ending it. And I hope all stays well. They are some awesome fish. Extremely cool to watch. N they are like puppies lol. Good luck and keep us posted.

Thread has been cleaned up. Please refrain from flaming and/or personal attacks. We all have a right to an opinion even when it differs from the majority in the thread. Please stay on topic- feeding the OP's porcupine puffer.

Just as a reference. I have read that scallops or clams are good for beak growth control. I use scallops sometimes for my triggers. Might be worth looking into.

Well I got a little bag of scallops from the supermarket I only tried once he ate a little bit of it then spit the rest out . But it seems like he only likes shrimp. He won't go after the frozen squid or krill . But shrimp and bloodworms are not an issue . Maybe I'll try fresh scallops and clams see if he likes it better. Thanks t j

I only use it to grind teeth down in my triggers. Because they are like puffers and teeth continuously grow. Same as the beak. I use frozen ones from my LFS. But you can try fresh if he don't like frozen. He is still small right try clams. Scallops seem to be bigger.

Yea he is small. Are clams from the supermarket good if I open them and rinse it before I feed it?

I don't know about supermarket stuff. Honestly. I been using my LFS for so long and I know those guys so well I get a great price on my foods I buy.

I just got lucky I guess. But yea clams seem to be smaller.

Back
Top Bottom