New Ro/DI unit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would go with a name brand, although looking at the ebay one its not bad. I see that it comes with a handheld tds meter which is useful. But i cant tell which part is the DI portion. And honestly reading through it they are using 1micron prefilters. for 129 with free shipping its not to bad of a deal. Idealy though I would suggest something with a vertical 10" DI and not the inline horizontal types (they dont last very long) bulkreefsupply.com or thefilterguys.biz have very nice affordably priced units and are reputible companies.

I dont doubt there credibility, more just bang for the buck. It is your money my freind and I doubt that you will be unhappy with your purchase. Just speaking in my experience

I think you'll be fine. Most people bought theirs on Ebay, as did I. I'm very happy with it. I got a 100gpd for $140.

I would go with a name brand, although looking at the ebay one its not bad. I see that it comes with a handheld tds meter which is useful. But i cant tell which part is the DI portion. And honestly reading through it they are using 1micron prefilters. for 129 with free shipping its not to bad of a deal. Idealy though I would suggest something with a vertical 10" DI and not the inline horizontal types (they dont last very long) bulkreefsupply.com or thefilterguys.biz have very nice affordably priced units and are reputible companies.

The DI cannister is the one laid across the top

So the DI resin they provide is the non color changing type?

I bought mine from the seller filterdirect on ebay and it has provided me with 0 tds water constantly. Definitely want to get one with color changing resin though. It helps to know when that stuff is exhausted and needs a change.

it does not matter what name brand or none name brand you go with. they all work the exact same. people will tell you to buy one with a tds meter built in but you can buy one for $10 bucks at home depot.

any ro di will work just fine. there is a good deal i saw a while back on eBay for $250 i think, was a 7 cycle ro di with 18 months of filters and canisters free

rush said:
it does not matter what name brand or none name brand you go with. they all work the exact same. people will tell you to buy one with a tds meter built in but you can buy one for $10 bucks at home depot.

any ro di will work just fine. there is a good deal i saw a while back on eBay for $250 i think, was a 7 cycle ro di with 18 months of filters and canisters free

I bought the reverse osmosis unit it will arive this thursaday

did you buy the one i mentioned?

i was going to buy it but the 120 gallon i bought came with one so no need :p

So...I bought the RO unit from ebay. Now i am not sure I am reading the TDS the right way. The first 3 gallons of the water produced by the RO unit give me a reading of 008ppm, the water which is tap water in my tank now gives me a reading of 616 (x10 this was flashing on the meter, instruction say I should muliply reading by 10 which give me a reading of 6160.) What should by reading be for the RO produced water? I am thinking 000ppm

You will want to test the water at the tap then after the membrane and then again after the DI

Your tap should be high after the RO should be +- 10 and after the DI it should be 0ppm

My city water is 686 after my RO membrane its 2ppm and after the Vertical DI its 0ppm

The water in your tank? That will read some ungodly amount of TDS because thats what you are adding back in when you mix the salt.

it doesnt have a post carbon filter or anything right? What is your water pressure at the house? and you have it hooked to the cold side right

Back
Top Bottom