New Royal Gramma

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hinds04

Aquarium Advice Addict
I traded off my snowflake eel and I am stocking my 10 and 20 gallon tanks with some of the fish that will go into my 75 gallon. I have a 3/4" clown and a 1' royal gramma in my 10 gallon tank right now. The royal gramma was just put in tonight which got me wondering... what is there night time behavior like. It seems like he rests on about anything he can with little fin movement, then he will swim around a little. Just wondering if he is ok? I will be stocking my 20 with 5 small green chromis.

Dunno if there is specific night behavior, but being he's in a new tank, I wouldn't worry about his cautious ways. You did acclimate, right?

I traded off my snowflake eel and I am stocking my 10 and 20 gallon tanks with some of the fish that will go into my 75 gallon. I have a 3/4" clown and a 1' royal gramma in my 10 gallon tank right now. The royal gramma was just put in tonight which got me wondering... what is there night time behavior like. It seems like he rests on about anything he can with little fin movement, then he will swim around a little. Just wondering if he is ok? I will be stocking my 20 with 5 small green chromis.

As long as he isn't breathing rapidly, laying on his side, and he is eating well, I'd say he is ok. Make sure you have a lid on that tank, they can jump out. Mine jumped out and luckily I found him before he carpet surfed his way to the afterlife.

yea i acclimated him. He is still doing this as of this morning. I am worried about him he will swim if I provoke it but other than that he just rests on the bottom, in the rocks, even vertically in the corner of the tank.

I would just give him time. Some fish it takes a few days to get them use to their surrounding.

from what i know they tend to be like that till that get used to there surrondings. other than that don't know much more

well he ate today and he is swimming around a lot more. Still pretty skiddish when I get near the tank.

They take a while to get comfortable to their surroundings. Eventually he will be out and about, but not as much as you would probably like. They tend to hide out, your best bet to get him out in the open is to have other fish that like to be out, like firefish. They don't move a lot, but are always out during the day.

Back
Top Bottom