new stock list opinions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nafuzy

Aquarium Advice Activist
So im going to have a 110 gal aggressive FOWLR. I want to do a black volitans
Picasso or blue throat trigger
A second trigger
powder blue tang
Snowflake eel
A Tang or maroon clown or tomato clown

Questions comments opinions please?? Im super excited I always wanted to do an aggressive tank :)

I suggest you start off with least aggressive fish being the clown and have him in there for a month or so before you add the more aggressive fish. It's worked for me. Everyone will tell you that your clown might be a snack for your more aggressive species. Look at the thread below titled who says you can't have a lion and clown combo. It hits on this topic.

Uh-oh...only problem with that is I already got the lion! :( he's only juvenile tho.....hmm.

I have a juvie also and I watched him eat a silverside minnow the size of a medium size clown it was pretty amazing how big their mouth is. My opinion is if you start with your least aggressive fish they have already established their dominance and territory. For example if you have a little dog in your house and its been there a while and you bring a bigger dog in then he submits to your little dog. Same concept. That's my way of thinking. But what works for another person might not work for another. Wish you luck. Keep me posted on your results please

Oh most definitely but do you think if introduced appropriately that list can work in the 110??? And ill definitely keep you posted thank you so much!!!!

Oh ya it would work. No matter how you introduce them I recommend you have several places to hide. Like build a mountain of liverock in one corner with several caves and cracks just in case anything feels threatened they can hide. Your very welcome.

Back
Top Bottom