Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-02-2016, 12:54 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

New sw fish

Hi can somone tell why you have to introduce new fish slowly every couple of weeks if you want new fish? Thanks

Old 10-02-2016, 01:07 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

New sw fish

To insure your beneficial bacteria have a chance to increase ammonia conversion. To many fish at once can cause an ammonia spike and kill everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Old 10-02-2016, 04:30 PM   #3
Grand Poobah of Fish Poo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMaier View Post
To insure your beneficial bacteria have a chance to increase ammonia conversion. To many fish at once can cause an ammonia spike and kill everything.
Yeah, what he said.
Now open: "JJ&J's Seafood Buffet" 20g long planted freshwater - Sunset Fire Platy (x5 adults, many young (argh)),Neon Tetras (x11), x3 amano shrimp, 40 lbs. Eco-Complete, AC 50 + AC 20, Finnex Planted+ 8 hours per day, Seachem ferts.
Barliman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 05:37 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ditto to what they said. It's all about patience with a marine tank. Haste definitely makes waste.
Old 10-02-2016, 08:49 PM   #5
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

it's exciting adding fish go slow 1 every 2weeks or so , just don't overstock and be sure all are compatible with one another and make sure they are compatible with tank size.

54seaweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 02:48 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Nice one cheers 😊 Iv got 2 clowns a wrasse and a blue emporor angle couple star fish and snails in a 200litre tank how many would you guys reccomend to have or is that enough? I know i will need bigger as the angel grows
Old 10-03-2016, 02:49 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54seaweed View Post
it's exciting adding fish go slow 1 every 2weeks or so , just don't overstock and be sure all are compatible with one another and make sure they are compatible with tank size.
Nice one cheers 😊 Iv got 2 clowns a wrasse and a blue emporor angle couple star fish and snails in a 200litre tank how many would you guys reccomend to have or is that enough? I know i will need bigger as the angel grows
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2016, 12:55 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

Depends on what species of Clownfish and wrasse you are talking about. Some grow larger than others in both cases.
Old 10-03-2016, 07:13 PM   #9
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

as I stated above

Quote:
just so you are aware the emperor angel can get as big as 1ft 3in and require a tank around 220 us gallons , a 200 liter tank = aprox 53 us gallons . this would be my only concern , unless you are prepared to upgrade sometime in the near future once he starts growing . beautiful fish though .
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/Emperor Angel

54seaweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 08:26 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Freak

As said above, people forget that fish grow. There may be a lot of space now, but as the fish grow they will take up a lot more room.

Sent from my XT1585 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Tags
fish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com