new tank!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fesone

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
new to the site , lots of good info !! my ? is i just got a FREE 44 gallon hex tank... now i know hex are not the recomended tank because of limited surface space but hey it was free from a friend!! what are your suggestions on what directions i could go with it ? a friend suggested a small reef with a couple of clowns maybe ? i'm new to salt water so def need your advise!!! thanx... :)

Since you are new I would go with a FOWLR. Get some experience behind you then move on to corals.

Hope this helps

yeah that what i was thinking but my friend owns a LFS and he says he will help and its better to go ahead and do the small reef? what do you think ? he is suggesting like a pair of clowns and some shrimp ...stuff like that ...

Boy some people get all the luck, that's cool! :) Clowns are great and they are fun to watch and so are the shrimp I like the cleaner shrimp especially if they clean one of the fishes, I actually saw one do this it was cool. Can't wait to see pics of your tank :)

i have a 29gal hex, the problem i had with corals and anenomes was the lighting. it's just so deep! the lighting requirements that was needed would not fit, unless i went with mh. but maybe your buddy could hook you up.

good luck!!

Back
Top Bottom