New tank???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saywill

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I was working in somebody's house yesterday and we started talking about saltwater tanks. He asked me if I wanted a 300 gallon tank with an oak stand??? Holy crap!! 8 feet long, 3 feet high, 2 feet deep. What is everyone's thoughts?

That's awesome. On a realistic notes, make sure you do some research on the equipment needed.....

300G is pretty darn huge. You're going to need some serious equipment for that tank lol. Setting up a tank this big definitely won't cost you any less than $1500. I set up a 55G for 750$ and i got some things pretty cheap off ebay.. so you can imagine what it's going to take lol. But still, getting the 300G for free would save you a bundle.

Go for it! You don't have to set it up all at once. Take your time and enjoy it.....

Last edited:
That got some good responses! I am taking the tank. I am just going to store it for now. I have no place for it at my house. At some point when I move, I will set it up in the basement. I will start saving for it now. I know this will cost some seroius coin to get it going.

lol goldfish. They are too messy lol. Yeah, definitely get the 300G. Heck.. if you want a smaller tank.. you could always just sell the 300G for a smaller one, and then you will be totally set for setting up a smaller tank. And if you get a good amount of $$ for the 300G.. that may even be able to completely set you up with a SW tank of a smaller size. Excellent equipment and all. 300G tanks are pretty expensive anywhere you look.. so i'm sure you could easily get a decent price for it.

At least take it and make sw in it or something. You could have a christmas list for years to come. Or get it sell it and buy a small aio and juice it up.

I would keep the 300 gal :) imo everyone eventually wants to get a bigger tank i mean its a addiction for most if not all of us!!! :) if you build that 300 gal into a salt tank you better make a build thread for us all with pics!!!!! :) i think i speak for everyone when i request pics!!! :)

That got some good responses! I am taking the tank. I am just going to store it for now. I have no place for it at my house. At some point when I move, I will set it up in the basement. I will start saving for it now. I know this will cost some seroius coin to get it going.
You should start making DIY LR and that would eliminate one of the most expensive part of starting a new SW tank. Just do a search on this site for DIY Rock.

Back
Top Bottom