New tank.... 125G

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, after watching the videos for the resealing of the tank, I'm going to do it. But, in the mean time, I'm going to go look at this 150g today! I may either keep or sell this 125 after I seal it. Up to the wife...lol

Well, like huma, my tank is leaking... I'm so mad. Dude who sold it to me was like, all big tanks leak when u move them... It's taking all I got not to go beat this guy... So imma try to reseal it... My 90g only has ph and heaters. Need advice on that too...

That's awful. That guy is full of it BTW. We've moved several big tanks and never ended up with leakers as a result. Resealing isn't that bad, of course the worst part is getting all the old silicone off of the glass. The biggest I've done myself is a 75 gal. I think you can do this. :)

Bluejaw trigger is one of my favorite fish BTW.

That's awful. That guy is full of it BTW. We've moved several big tanks and never ended up with leakers as a result. Resealing isn't that bad, of course the worst part is getting all the old silicone off of the glass. The biggest I've done myself is a 75 gal. I think you can do this. :)

Bluejaw trigger is one of my favorite fish BTW.

Yeah, same thing I said, but had to keep my cool, not going to stoop to his level.

The blue jaw is really showing it's colors, I'll try to get an updated pic today.

I did hear that when moving a tank that has been used it is a good idea to wrap it in duct tape to improve rigidity.

Just something I heard not something I've ever tried.

Well, come Wednesday, this thread will become my new 150g build...lol.. Going to keep this open as I reseal my tank. (As long as that's cool with the PM's)

glad to hear about the 150. maybe step by step your process with pictures on this one. seems to be a trend with people needing to know how to reseal a tank?

coffeetwitch said:
glad to hear about the 150. maybe step by step your process with pictures on this one. seems to be a trend with people needing to know how to reseal a tank?

Yeah, was planning on that.

I did hear that when moving a tank that has been used it is a good idea to wrap it in duct tape to improve rigidity.

Just something I heard not something I've ever tried.

Never heard of that but I can see how it would improve stability. Might be a bit tedious though.

Will be repairing this tank soon. Will try to add pics and hopefully help others that need this to do this too.

Thanks for sharing. And, once you are done with your tank repairing, please do add the pictures. As I am looking for some better ideas.

Cool, so once you have this tank repaired you will have a 125g and a 150g!

This tank is going to be a FOWLR, correct?

redsea said:
Cool, so once you have this tank repaired you will have a 125g and a 150g!

This tank is going to be a FOWLR, correct?

The 125g is already sold to a buddy of mine who's just starting off. Sold it to off set the buying of the other tank.

Back
Top Bottom