New Tank Build Thread! 55 Gallon tank upgrade!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just upgraded from 75 litre to 325 ltr ( 6 foot ) . I filled the new one with sand and water , transfered over all me rock , added some new pieces. Cycled form24 hrs then transfered all my old water water over and then the fish . Been 48 hrs now and all is good including all water tests ..... If your transferring all the old tank over then everything should be cycled and fine ....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 158
Saturday is it. I got 50 gallons of fresh saltwater mixed up and ready to go. An 18 gallon bucket for the old water and my live rock. 5 one gallon personal tubs for each fish to have their own swim space for the few hours it will take for the transfer. My stand is painted and ready to go!

I will get it setup and pic's up as soon as possible. Wish me luck, and thanks for all the advice!!

Attachments

• IMG_8108.jpg
    IMG_8108.jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_9197.jpg
    IMG_9197.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_8413.jpg
    IMG_8413.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 153
Wow are those VHS tapes on the shelf? Hehee ill trade you my beta max and 8-track collection, maybe some vinyl?

Jk jk I'm teasing. I like the paint job! And I wanted that background but I never saw the right width and went with blue. :/

Nope, no VHS tapes. All DVD's and and Blu-Ray. It's my extensive anime collection and Star Trek DVD's. :p

I only have 4 VHS tapes that I still own. I own about 10 LaserDisk. :p If your serious about a Beta Max collection, I might take you up on the offer of buying them from you. If you have a player to go along. I love old stuff!! I don't know why, but I just like old tech.

I got the back ground from Uncle Bills in Indianapolis. It was oversize, but I used a straight edge razer to cut it to size. I used SeaView to put it on, and it's ok, but a-lot of air pockets. Been trying to get all the air pockets out for days. :p

DONE!

Well, here is the first picture of the tank. It's cloudy because of the sand, but everything is set up and moved.(y)

I was worried for a minute because when I went to go get my fish their color was all but gone. They look like they were about to die. I did cover them up with a blanket to make it 100% dark. I was hoping that help make them less stress during the 3 hour process. Happy to say once I put them in the tank they are swimming happy and looking healthy. All the color is back. I am worried about my Six Line Wrasse. I have seen all my other fish, but not him. I know they are good at hiding, so I hope he will come out at night and I will see him swimming happily in the morning.

It's dark now, the filter is clearing things up. Going to have to clean that next week to get all the sand out. :ermm: I will have more pictures up in the afternoon tomorrow when the tank is clear.

Now for the hard part! Watching the tank and hoping that it does not cycle that much.

Attachments

• IMG_6940.jpg
    IMG_6940.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 143
Well, here is the first picture of the tank. It's cloudy because of the sand, but everything is set up and moved.(y)

I was worried for a minute because when I went to go get my fish their color was all but gone. They look like they were about to die. I did cover them up with a blanket to make it 100% dark. I was hoping that help make them less stress during the 3 hour process. Happy to say once I put them in the tank they are swimming happy and looking healthy. All the color is back.

It's dark now, the filter is clearing things up. Going to have to clean that next week to get all the sand out. :ermm: I will have more pictures up in the afternoon tomorrow when the tank is clear.

Now for the hard part! Watching the tank and hoping that it does not cycle that much.

Looks good! Good luck!

Looks awesome!! I bet in the morning it will look clear on its own
Nope, no VHS tapes. All DVD's and and Blu-Ray. It's my extensive anime collection and Star Trek DVD's. :p

I only have 4 VHS tapes that I still own. I own about 10 LaserDisk. :p If your serious about a Beta Max collection, I might take you up on the offer of buying them from you. If you have a player to go along. I love old stuff!! I don't know why, but I just like old tech.

I got the back ground from Uncle Bills in Indianapolis. It was oversize, but I used a straight edge razer to cut it to size. I used SeaView to put it on, and it's ok, but a-lot of air pockets. Been trying to get all the air pockets out for days. :p

I am too chicken to put the background on because bubbles will drive me nuts.

U are funny I was kinda serious lol. Except I have lots and lots of French beta tapes from my childhood, things like sleeping beauty(the play) and classic French movies like "la gloire de mon Pere" aka "my fathers glory"

Old time pre-85 and imported or taped off TV5 at home. My goodness the quality is just hilarious, about as clear as the scrambled naughty stuff they used to play on TV guide after 3:00 am. Kinda fun too, but again all French.

My favorite was the original version of "the toy" tht was remade with Richard Pryor in English, so funny! And "la boum", best teen comedy ever

Ok as for vinyl I have, hmmmm, 700-900 lps all of my old 90's edm tracks. Lots of assorted hip hop and other faves! But I finally have my 1200's hooked up with Serrato. Been dying to dig through it all!

Here it is, in all of its clear glory. :lol:

All my fish are accounted for, and look healthy. That was my main concern going into this project. I am happy now that they look healthy. Now to let the tank settle and I will add 2 more fish later (A month or so). I am going for a Goby I think. Maybe an Orange Spotted Goby!! I like them, or watchman.

So The project is done, and now I can sit back and enjoy. I will still test the water of course, and do weekly water changes. :dance:

Attachments

• IMG_0227.jpg
    IMG_0227.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_1829.jpg
    IMG_1829.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_1972.jpg
    IMG_1972.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_6292.jpg
    IMG_6292.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 155
Hey everyone, I wanted to give you all an update. My tank has been doing great, no one is dead and water quality is top notch. So far so good!! I added three new fish to my family.

Kind of funny, because now my wife and I want to both go bigger. We are saving up for our 180 gallon tank and hope to have it by the end of the year. That's the goal!

My new tank mates are:

1 Yellow Tang
1 Yellow eye Tang
1 Sleeper Goby
1 Spiny Sea Urchin

The two tangs were kind of a rescue. The Yellow Tang was beating up and his fins were nipped. Really bad looking fish, and really sad looking in the small tank they put him in. He was there for 3 months and no one wanted him because of his fins. I bought him and happy to report all his fins are grown back, he looks gorgeous and is having fun in his new home. He and his friend will be much happier once we get the bigger tank!

The yellow eye was impulse, he was there in the tank with the yellow and I looked him up on the phone. Saw he only needed a 50 gallon on most websites and said ok. I knew the yellow tang was pushing my limit of my tank already, but most websites say 55 is good for them. We are moving by the end of the year! Finally!! LOL That is why we are upgrading, so I can get the big tank set up and cycled before I bring my livestock over.

Anyway, here is some pictures!

I am adding a

Amazon.com: Fluval C4 Power Filter: Pet Supplies

To my filtration. The fluval 206 and BH-1000 skimmer is doing a good job, but it needs to be better and I hope this HOB filter will help out.. I put the marine land HOB filter on and it cleared up my water but it's only rated for a 30 gallon tank. I figured with both my 206 and this new C4 my filtration will be a little overkill until I get my Sump Tank installed..

The first pic is a little older, the last three are today's. The stuff i used to put the background on sucks, As you can see.

Attachments

• 539233_10151361575128093_830919917_n.jpg
    539233_10151361575128093_830919917_n.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_3701.jpg
    IMG_3701.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_4804.jpg
    IMG_4804.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_6775.jpg
    IMG_6775.jpg