Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-19-2011, 02:38 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Do you know if the salinity is right? You just mixed the salt water tonight or did you buy it mixed already?
Not sure if thats vital if its only overnight. I think if it were me I would put them in. But I am not an expert by any means.

Old 03-19-2011, 02:40 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

yeah the water was premixed. Thing is i cant even run my mechanical filter, i tried it an hour ago and it clogged. Hmmm i think ill put them in the tank though, i dont see them making it in the bag either.

Btw anyone know the signs of stressed ocellaris clownfish? thanks!

Old 03-19-2011, 02:44 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

This is what I would do. Test the sg and make sure it is within 1.019-1.026. Check the temp and make sure that is ok.
1. Set up a drip with a air line. Make sure it drips only a few drops a sec.
2.place the clownfish I'n a bucket with the water from the bag.run the drip from the tank to the bucket.
3.turn off all the lights to not stress the fish.
4. Wait about half an hour.
5.place the clownfish in the tank and monitor them for about half an hour.
Just follow the steps and your fish should e ok for the night. As far as sand trust me it will all settle to the bottom In 24 to48 hours your tank will be crystal clear.
Old 03-19-2011, 02:48 AM   #14

Ok thank you Tomchong22! Should i return the fish in the morning still?
Old 03-19-2011, 02:50 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak

I would
Old 03-19-2011, 02:51 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sounds like you have a HOB filter that is clogged up. Taking it apart and cleaning it should help. Since you are going to cycle with fish you can expect about 10 times the work to keep the fish alive.
Old 03-19-2011, 02:56 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I would recommend it but when it comes down to it its up to you. Just know that if you keep them you will have to do almost daily water changes to keep ammonia down to almost 0. Now grant it this all depends on how good the live rock was. You will still experience a cycle due to the population of your sand and your filter. What you can do is get a bacterial substitute like dr. Tims one and only or something else like it. This introduces bacteria to your tank allowing for almost no cycle at all. Thus letting you keep your fish with out the harm of high ammonia.
Old 03-19-2011, 04:08 AM   #18

ok thanks for all the help. Im about to add them to the tank. I call the guy tomorrow and depending on how my fish are doing return them or not. And will keep up with the water changes you suggested to avoid ammonia spikes.

Tags
bag, cloud, cloudy, clown, clown fish, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com