New Tank set up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The shrimp would get swallowed up too I think. Kole or scopus tang would be possible short term. Foxface get pretty big too. Any of those will have to be re-homed in a year or so. Clownfish (the smaller types, not maroons) don't belong in a predator tank IMO.

Really live aquaria says 55 for fox face and 70 for a foxface how big a tank would you need for these then?

They do get to be around 9"-10", so, you tell me. That's not gonna happen in a year, but it will happen.

Sorry just read back and it was meant to be 55 gallon kole and 70 gallon fox face lol! And ok I've never had any experience with them tbh and I was just going by liveaquaria as a guide as this said 7 inches and 70 gallons. Any ideas of a more reliable place to get the info about fish sizes and tank sizes from?

Not really. you can google the fish name and then compare info from the top 3 or 4 sites. that's what i do when in doubt

Live aquaria tends to go larger for minimum recommended tank sizes compared to others I have seen. I tend to stick with them when making choices. I think you cant go wrong with larger, but constantly see people having problems when they go with smaller recommendations.

Sites that show fish like yellow or blue tangs being okay in a 75 or some larger angels being okay in a 100g worry me. Yes, they might be okay when they are tiny, but probably not so much as they grow.

Most seem to be saying around 70 gallons including liveaquaria so seems a fairy safe bet in an 83 I'd have thought

Back
Top Bottom