New tank setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rilesjr44

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys well I'm finally up and running with my DIY stand and sump tell me what ya think I have a couple questions after putting my live rock in I noticed some things moving on one piece can anyone tell me what the little white bundes are and to the left I think its a clam it keeps opening a little and closing check out my pics thanks guys.

staticmap

Attachments

• image-478059035.jpg
    image-478059035.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 106
  • image-3362630997.jpg
    image-3362630997.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 143
  • image-12261958.jpg
    image-12261958.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 129
  • image-2777528067.jpg
    image-2777528067.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 129
Not sure the answer to your question. But I just wanted to say that is an awesome sump!!

Thanks a lot it took me awhile to build everything finally up and running.

+1 on the sum and a really nice pc of rock with all those zoa's on it. What kind of lights are you running. They need med lighting to do best. Might want to move it up to mid tank level to keep them happy.

Awesome didn't even kno what they were I'm so new to this just found out I have an asterina star what kind of Zoa is it and can you tell me what is directly to the left of the of the big bundle of zoas it keeps opening up a little the moving up and down real slow lol maybe a clam I don't kno. Any help

Too hard to tell on the zoa's till they open up, like a mystery surprise. The other thing, while hard to tell could be a tunicate or some sort of mollusk. Is it a shell opening and closing? If so, some sort of filter feeding mollusk. I have several on different pcs of rock. Google tunicates, I loved mine till an aggressive angel I once had ate them all!!

Wow that's awesome I'll look it up will the zoas get hurt in the cycle process or will they be fine.

Oh and I believe it's a shell but hard to tell

Expect them not to make it, but they are pretty hardy little buggers...good luck! The mollusk, if that is what it is, should be ok.

Back
Top Bottom