New Tank, Stocking Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sevise

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm in the planning process of my first aquarium fowlr. It will be a 90gallon with sump and fuge. When I checked the stock calculator it said I could have 18inches of fish minus the tail. I'd like to keep a pair of True Percs, a yellow watchman goby, and a school(3-7) b/g chromis. If they will all fit what would be the best order to add them to the tank as to not cause any territorial issues.

With that big of a tank I wouldn't think you would have any territorial issues with those fish. I never see my yellow goby unless I sneak up on it at night. My clowns stay in their corner with their anemone and I never had any problems with aggressive b/g chromis. These are all good fish to have together IMO. Good luck.

just a suggestion, but IME ocellaris clowns tend to be a little more outgoing than true percs. ive seen a pair of percs spend the majority of their time in and within a foot of their homebase. not that interesting in a 90G. since none of these fish are really agressive, i wouldnt worry too much about the order you add them in. perhaps start with the chrimis, as they are probably the most timid.

HTH

Back
Top Bottom