Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-13-2011, 11:07 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

New to FOWLR tank! Help!

Hi guys im new to saltwater and id really like to start out with a predatory Fowlr tank. Its a 75 Gal tank with 2 HOB Penguin bioWheel filters, SeaClone 100 Protein Skimmer. What would stock suggestions be? I like Snowflake Eels, Triggers, Wrasse, and tangs.

How much live rock should i get? and what about lighting? Can i use basic lights?

Thanks abunch guys!

Old 08-14-2011, 09:01 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Get around 75lbs of LR. 75g would be pushing it for a snowflake, but it should work. The only tangs you could do would be tomini and kole and things like that. POSSIBLY a yellow tang. As for triggers, you cant do much with a 75, you could maybe do a white tip triggerfish. For wrasses, go to these two links and follow tank size recommendations. Also, remember to make sure fish are compatible. You can use the lights that come with the tank. If you want a snowflake eel and wrasse, make sure you have a lid or they WILL jump out. Im sure you know about cycling but if not look it up on google. How to cycle a saltwater aquarium. Here are the links.
Wrasse Fish for Sale: Cleaner Wrasse and other Reef Safe Wrasse Species
Saltwater Aquarium Fish: Wrasse for FOWLR Aquariums
Good luck!!!!

Old 08-14-2011, 09:02 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Also cycle the tank with LR, not damsels. I made this mistake and ended up with 12 dead fish. I felt so bad afterward.

Tags
fowlr, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com