new to live rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pejtu

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So me and hubby, have been doing great with fish so far, the tank has been set up for more than a year. Latley we added some live rock and normal anemone, not the tube ones, those we had. the live rock, we didn't ind a lot of info on the net on what do they need, now yesterday a very small kind of anemone started coming out, its pink.could it be an anemone? were could \i find some good info?

Also What do you feed anemones, the one we got, the clown fish is getting a lot in it, practicaly doesn't move from there, is that a good sign?

I'm new here,and we have a freshwater aquarium as well, so you'll c me around. thanks to everyone.

Hi, welcome to Aquarium Advice! :D :D :D You found the best and most friendly advice site on the net. First off, can you post any pictures of your anenomes? That would really help in the ID process. Most anenomes depend on light as their primary food source. What type of lighting do you have and what size is your tank? Lando

Like lando says light is a big part of keeping an anemone. Also water quality is very important. RO/DI is the preferred water. good luck with the tank.
i feed my anemone samll pieces of scallops, shrimp.

Welcome
new_smilie_colors1.gif

Thank you for posting this, I was wondering whether you can use a toadstool coral to host clownfish, and if 4*65watt lighting is enough for a 55gal?

I was wondering whether you can use a toadstool coral to host clownfish, and if 4*65watt lighting is enough for a 55gal?
I would consider that medium light. It will be fine for low-medium light corals like softies, shrooms, and some LPS's. As for the toadstool, that's up to your clown :lol:

Can someone tell me how to insert an image I took photos of my anemone so that u can ID it for me[/img]

Back
Top Bottom