Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-09-2010, 08:55 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

well congrats on attempting a marine biorb life. they don't have much besides the bubble filter if you're running saltwater. my girlfriend just recently got one and is using it for freshwater, and it's been doing great. as far as marine goes, do you have any algae? if you're tank has been up this long it might have cycled already

Old 03-09-2010, 04:36 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yes the over feeding is causing the ammonia and nitrite. Feed them a quater of a cube, and only feed them that for the day. Then feed them the pellets every other day. The spitting out is their attempt to make it smaller so they can eat it. I ground my pellets up smaller with a motar and pestle and my fish haven't had a problem since.

Follow my 6G Pico build!
Mitchell0605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 09:13 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

hi everyone, just to let you know the ammonia has now reduced to 0 and so has the nitrite. the nitrate is still the same and the PH is making very small improvements due to the marine buffer. one of the fish is worrying me, he keeps swimming up and down from the bottom of the tank to the top then back again. he very rarely just floats in the middle like the other one.
Old 03-12-2010, 04:08 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Good to hear. When the fish gets to the top what does he do? Cause this may be that there isn't enough dissolved oxygen, however since the other isn't doing it, maybe not.

Follow my 6G Pico build!
Mitchell0605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 12:40 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

hi ive posted another threat somewhere else about the clown fish acting strange the other day.
he now keeps going and laying on the rocks at the bottom of the tank, he perks up and swims around when i go up to the tank and has been eating normal, he swims around for a while and then returns to the same spot and lays down, theres no visible damage on him but its really worrying me, his fins and tail do stop moving sometimes and he looks like he may be dead but as soon as you go near the tank he perks up straight away. its really confusing me.

Tags
new to salt water, salt, salt water, salt water aquarium

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com