Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-17-2014, 10:49 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

New to saltwater

Just use enough of the old water to keep the rocks submerged and fish in another. Ditch the sand and rest of the old water. Have fresh sw waiting at your house to fill the tank with and extra for wc's and acclimation of the fish. Put the rock back in the tank (keep the time the rock is out if water to a minimum) then add new sand. Your going to have to drip acclimate any livestock to your new water before adding them to the tank.
Edit: keep a close eye on params and have water ready for wc's should you get a spike

Old 07-17-2014, 11:36 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yep old water doesn't matter. Just keep the fish in enough to survive the trip and keep the rock submerged so the bacteria doesn't die. 99% of bacteria is on the rock and sand, but you shouldn't keep the sand because some nasty stuff can be in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Old 07-17-2014, 12:06 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Alright, I might hold off a week on picking everything up so I can prep some water. My RO/DI unit won't be here until Monday.
Old 07-17-2014, 02:14 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

Great choice! I got my brs rodi about a month ago. I got the plus version. It comes already pre assembled. I have water test kits and it is truly pure water. I am confident you'll be pleased

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Old 07-25-2014, 02:09 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Update, I have around 80 gallons of RODI water in my living room. I'll be mixing the salt today/tomorrow and picking the tank up on Sunday. Hopefully I can keep the water temp enough while setting the tank up so the fish aren't stuck in buckets for too long.

Tags
ate, salt, saltwater, water

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com