New to the hobbie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Morish76

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm fairly new to the hobby, I have 2 saltwater tanks fish only. I have a stock ? In my 70g tall I have a queen angel, blue tang, powder brown tang, unicorn tang, and a pink spot goby. They are about 4inch each. Can I add 1 more fish or should I stop? Also I have a 60g tank with a morish idol (who eats anything ) ,scribble angelfish, watchman goby, Uriga butterfly, 4 spot butterfly, tear drop butterfly. They are about 2 1/2 inch except the idol he is 3 1/2 inch. I do water changes every 2 weeks. I have a refugium in my tang tank and a sump in my other.

Hi and welcome to AA!

Unfortunately, those fish will not hold up in a 70g tank....especially a tall tank. Those fish require a much larger tank. The blue tang needs a 125g tank minimum, 6' long. The queen angel requires a 200g+ tank as it can grow up to a foot, foot and half in length. In such a cramped space they will eventually stress and succumb to ich and/or other development issues.

I would return those fish and get others that your tanks will sustain.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news =/

Hi there! Welcome to the forum!

i have to agree, no more fish in either tank until you rehome the ones that need to be moved. The tangs for sure will come into problems as that tank is way way too small for even one of those fish. :-(

The 60g tank is also horribly overstocked as well. How long have you had these tanks up and running? And just curious, did the fish store even ask what tanks these fish were going into or did they just sell them to you? I feel it's irresponsible of stores to do that is all, it means in my eyes they are more interested in a sale than in the actual fish. :-(

Good luck, I know it's tough to hear stuff like this but it's the way things are unfortunately.

I've had the tanks and fish for about a year now. Im upgrading my tanks in a few months to a 220g and I was going to combine the fish. I just have the one more fish itis....lol I appreciate the opinions from everyone. Thanks all

Back
Top Bottom