New true percula clown

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saltghost2k25

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Soo I got a new true percula clown today for my 25 gallon tank..it is smaller than the already present true percula

When I first introduced the new one the bigger one nipped at the other new ones tail and chased it..the bigger percula still chases the smaller percula to the top of the tank what should I do

Send her to her room!

The only thing I'd suggest that might help is rearranging the rock. The bigger (female) from what I can tell from mine, will chase the smaller male from time to time. As long as she isn't damaging him....

She is just showing her dominance... if the smaller one has already changed into a female and is just a smaller female, then she is dead... if it is still a male then eventually the will become a mated pair.

I always assumed they could change from male to female, and female to male. It only goes one way?

Yes, once they turn female there is no going back.

There was a thread earlier this week that had said if you had a couple of clowns and if he male died you could get a clown the similar size and the more dominant of the two would become the female and the other would become the male even if it was previously the female in the other pairing. I though that didn't sound right. Regardless I bought a much smaller one compared the the female I had to replace the male that died. and looks like they been partners forever.:fish2:

As stated before,once a female always a female.its only the males that can change.Make sure the new fish is small,if another female goes in a death will follow

At first the bigger clownfish used to attack at the smaller one like nip at it but now they swim side by side rarely nipping or anything except the smaller one like twitches for some reason when the bigger one follows it

Pics of tank

Attachments

• image-376880616.jpg
    image-376880616.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 100
  • image-2594371853.jpg
    image-2594371853.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 87
  • image-3959648773.jpg
    image-3959648773.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 105
Back