new volitan lionfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

venomfreak65

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i added this awesome fish to my aquarium last night and he instantly went into hiding as i suspected he would. He is out this morning but staying either on the sand bed in a corner or hugged up against some rock. Every fish i have added so far has eaten the next morning including a blue tang, i tried to feed this morning but he wasn't even interested. Is he ok? how long does it usually take a lion fish to eat after vein added to a new tank?

I had a Volitan at one point and he hugged the sides or hid in the back like yours. It took about 3 days until he ate. I wouldn't feed him everyday. I fed mine every other day or so. Got him to eat by putting a silverside on a wooden skewer and "swimming it" in front of him.

yea he ate one of my little damsels last night so i will try again in a day or so.

He'll eat ghost shrimp if hes pretty small. You could get some guppies for him (not feeder fish) becuase they are more nutritional and healthier. Some people breed guppies as food for their fish.

Thanks for the info but off topic is there any other way to help get my ammonia and nitrates down? They were zero for weeks now all of a sudden they are up. I've been doin about a 20% water change every 3 days or so and they are still there. It's not a bad spike but ammonia is at 0.25 ppm nitrates are at .50 ppm nitrates are at 5.0 ppm and ph is at 8.0

I've seen this question on a few other threads and someone always asks how old the ammonia test reagent is. How old is your setup?

Dang well I already have a lip fish blue tang horseshoe crab 2 other crabs and a trigger?

Back
Top Bottom