Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-18-2009, 04:38 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Send a message via ICQ to R6Chick Send a message via AIM to R6Chick Send a message via MSN to R6Chick Send a message via Yahoo to R6Chick
Quote:
Originally Posted by miesenjr View Post
I have 60 gal worth of 5 gal buckets in my truck now. when I finnigh work today I am going to speed this up by oging to the LFS. The tank was only up 2" overnight. I will go crazy watching the slow progress. what do you pay for 5 gallons of R/O water?

One of the shops around here charges a buck a gallon for R/O salt water. Your experience may vary.

Old 04-18-2009, 04:42 PM   #12

Send a message via ICQ to R6Chick Send a message via AIM to R6Chick Send a message via MSN to R6Chick Send a message via Yahoo to R6Chick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadielynn View Post
As mentioned it will give you algea issues
There is no guarantee that tap is going to have algae issues. I have seen just as many R/O tanks with algae issues as tap tanks. ****, 12 years ago everyone used tap water and things worked great. Back then I ran 150 gallon FOWLR tank with nothing more than 2 power heads, an under gravel filter, and an over the back filter. A lot has changed and evolved over the years but that does not mean old school is bad, just different.

just my $.02

Old 04-20-2009, 09:42 AM   #13

I found ro water fo $.50 a gal. and bought 80 gal. to expidite the fill time. like you in the past I used tap water, from a well and always had the algae in the begenning, but it always worked itself out. and i have had the same results with ro/di water as well. I expect the same this time around, I just like the idea of knowing no other harmful metals or chemicals are in the water to start.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com