Newb Lighting Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AirRazr

Aquarium Advice Activist
My LFS will take the standard florescent hood that came with my tank as a trade in on a lighting upgrade. They have the Aqualight Double Strip Light (48"), which is what I would need. I am going to have a FOWLR tank. Do I really need all that lighting or will the standard hood work for me. The light at the LFS is like $270.00. They will give me a $40.00 credit for my hood, bringing the cost down to $230.00 plus tax. I can't seem to find a better deal on that light online, and with the online thing, there is the time it takes to ship it and all. Plus buying it online, I have to buy the feet for it. They throw in a set of feet at the LFS. Just looking for some advice.

TIA

Wes

If you don't do it now you probably will end up upgrading later. I say get it now if you can swing it. Your rock will look better with the upgraded light IMO.

coralline does need a reasonable amount of light to really flourish...but not wicked reef style lighting.

however, like most of us, you'll invariably decide "I want to put in some corals" and then you'd definitely need at least double strip compact fluorescent fixture to keep a decent variety (but that's still a few months out).

Back
Top Bottom