Newb looking for advice on tank setup. Please help :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know you have several tanks, so it might be hard for you to estimate, but if you can...how much monthly energy costs do you think will be associated with having the cube plugged in and running along with the pump and heater and lights? Does everything run 24/7?

I only run my lights on the cube for maybe 8 hours day and I start with the blues then an hour later or more I add the whites.

I have 7 tanks up and running right now and my bill has gone up but not really bad. Maybe $20 a month more?

oh ok, so not bad at all. i work 8am-5pm M-F. would you recommend turning the lights on before i go to work and then shutting them off when i get home, or running them from when i get home until bed/through the night? do you have pictures of your 29? i am not sure how to aquascape it

Well I got lucky with a damsel that's getting along with my clown, goby and a firefish but it is 1 out of a dozen.. I wouldn't recommend one unless you see a tank full of damsels and see which one is the calmest!! And maybe u will have some luck if your really want one!!

I run my blues at about 10 am then whites on at about 11. Then the whites go off around 8 then the blues at about 9. I havent put my cube on a timer yet. lol

if u still plan to have yellowtail damsel, u shud buy it smaller than the clown...that might do the trick...i had mine in my nano tank....the live in happiness... :D

I just got home and have my 29g biocube. Trying to assemble it. Does the green water tube connect to tge air pump or just rest in-between it and the sponge?

Ok so the top part of the green tube with the black piece attached connects to the back piece on the top of the tank and the bottom end of the green tube connects to the stock pump correct?

On mine the black piece fits into the top of the pump, then the green hose to that with the other end of the green hose to the output.

that definitely doesnt work for me. the black piece on the green tube seems to be meant for the output and then the bare green tube connects to the pump. i cant get my suction cups to stick on the floor of the chamber

What ever works to get them connected. Don't worry about it not sticking, the green hose will hold it in place.

ok so i licked the suction cups and now they are sticking to the floor. i have the little fan-like part of the pump facing the sponge and the green tube is connected to both the pump and the output at the top of the tank....everything ok? If so then I have 1 other issue...

in the instruction manuel it tells you to install the filter cartridge and has a diagram showing the cartridge sliding flat against the surface intake and bottom intake. but in real life there is nothing to actually secure the cartridge up against that, and it would just float away with water in it. There are, however, two slots that the cartridge fits into, but this makes it so that the cartridge is running parallel with the chamber divider that separates the 1st chamber from the bioballs chamber. What am I supposed to do?

Sorry I am failing so hard at what is supposed to be a piece of cake setup

Thanks for your help

Yeah I had to figure out the cartridge too. It kind of goes in the middle. Slides down in little grooves. I had to get a flashlight to see them.

Yeah someone at a LFS just confirmed that the cartridge goes in that way and not the way the picture shows. Does the carbon side or the fuzzy side face the bioball chamber?

Back
Top Bottom