Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-13-2011, 12:37 AM   #51
Aquarium Advice Activist

that definitely doesnt work for me. the black piece on the green tube seems to be meant for the output and then the bare green tube connects to the pump. i cant get my suction cups to stick on the floor of the chamber

Old 07-13-2011, 12:45 AM   #52
Aquarium Advice Freak

What ever works to get them connected. Don't worry about it not sticking, the green hose will hold it in place.

Old 07-13-2011, 12:52 AM   #53
Aquarium Advice Activist

ok so i licked the suction cups and now they are sticking to the floor. i have the little fan-like part of the pump facing the sponge and the green tube is connected to both the pump and the output at the top of the tank....everything ok? If so then I have 1 other issue...

in the instruction manuel it tells you to install the filter cartridge and has a diagram showing the cartridge sliding flat against the surface intake and bottom intake. but in real life there is nothing to actually secure the cartridge up against that, and it would just float away with water in it. There are, however, two slots that the cartridge fits into, but this makes it so that the cartridge is running parallel with the chamber divider that separates the 1st chamber from the bioballs chamber. What am I supposed to do?

Sorry I am failing so hard at what is supposed to be a piece of cake setup

Thanks for your help
Old 07-13-2011, 12:56 AM   #54
Aquarium Advice Freak

Yeah I had to figure out the cartridge too. It kind of goes in the middle. Slides down in little grooves. I had to get a flashlight to see them.
Old 07-13-2011, 01:02 AM   #55
Aquarium Advice Activist

Yeah someone at a LFS just confirmed that the cartridge goes in that way and not the way the picture shows. Does the carbon side or the fuzzy side face the bioball chamber?
Old 07-13-2011, 10:35 AM   #56
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I had the fuzzy side on the right and carbon inside on the left. If that helps.

Tags
setup, tan, tank setup

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com