Newbie advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Me either, hopefully the rock that you bought had some good dead stuff on it. The ammonia test will tell a lot! Keep us posted

O the rock had lots of dead stuff on it. I though that was a bad thing though.

I remember when I first tested I thought my water was a perfect 1.023, then I took a sample to my lfs and she broke the news to me that it was only 1.017. Heartbreaking when you're anticipating getting fish.

Yea im going to take a sample to my LFS to test it.

Nice. Hydor make a great product. I have 2 1400's on my tank. Super easy to set up and don't heat the tank. As for a skimmer, there are a ton of options for your size tank. I have a really old style. Hydor and Red Sea make nice ones. Are you thinking that you'd like to evolve into a sump? If so get one that can sit inside the sump.

Nice. Hydor make a great product. I have 2 1400's on my tank. Super easy to set up and don't heat the tank. As for a skimmer, there are a ton of options for your size tank. I have a really old style. Hydor and Red Sea make nice ones. Are you thinking that you'd like to evolve into a sump? If so get one that can sit inside the sump.

Im not going to do a sump for this tank. Im new. I want to get the hang of everything first. On my next tank I may do a sump. I heard it helps allot.

Back
Top Bottom