newbie intro

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
**** stuck with ****sels lol..they are quite entertaining and colorful compared to any freshwater fish i had in the past. But want something a bit more intresting and unqie and colorful and bigger than 2"s also.

well i do like the way the damsels look so they dont bother me. I would like a tang and korean juvi angelfish eventually and then id say im done. Im looking into live rock right now but from what i been reading seems like i kinda screwed myself by not adding the rock in the beginning to make curing easy. Is it too late to add live rock without a major headache of setting it up?

if you can buy pre cured live rock then id be all set then..didnt even know they came that way?

It's never too late to add live rock. I am constantly, slowly adding rocks to my tanks just to keep the credit card bill down, lol.

I'd put the tang and angel plan on hold for a while. At least until you get a bigger tank.

If you really want an angel try the dwarf angels. They don't get nearly as big. Maybe a flame angel or something real colorful. Most of us are cursed since the nicest, most colorful angels are never reef safe. Since you don't have coral, I'd say go for it. Since you don't have any LR in the tank right now, you may experience another cycle, so look for cured live rock and add slowly. If you can have someone hold on to your damsels, it would make this much easier. If anything get rid of them because they get to be real buttholes... They look nice until they start going after $100 triggers three times their size, IME.

Good luck!

yeah as long as there colorful I can dig it and deal with not having anything crazy :hat:. But if you can buy pre cured live rock that would save me some headaches just need to find a LFS that has em :confused:

I don't know if you've looked at LiveAquaria:
Dwarf Angelfish: Flame Angelfish and other Dwarf Angels

IMO dwarf angels are more colorful and easier to keep than the some of the larger angels. Just my .02.

And here's another link for LR. It's pricey, but if you can get your hands on base rock, there will be a cycle, but it may be minimal as opposed to the die off coming from LR.

Live Rock and Live Sand: Live Saltwater Aquarium Rock and Sand

There's plenty of other online vendors if your LFS don't carry them, this is just for reference.

i like the banded and singapore ones. Im huge sucker for blue colorfish..hence that korean caught my eye so much.

that live rock isnt cheap indeed lol Ill have to hold off on that for a bit. But I did order that catalog waiting to get it actually. Thanks for the links. Def want a reputable company and these guys seems pretty good. It def is tough looking at all these colorful gorgeous marine tanks and looking at my plain and boring tank lol. Patience is a virtue i suppose

I sure wish I could have picked up on this as quickly as you have...

I cant sit and read for long but when its something neat like this I research very aggresively.
Well after spending countless hours online reading and stopped into at least 5 differenct FS's listened to 5 different people tell me 5 different things :confused:.
Process it all and cut the fat lol. I would be lost for sure with the net and forums this one thou! But ive have about 5 fish alive for around 2 weeks now and im pretty proud so far lol. But I def need some colorful coral in my life eventually.

Back
Top Bottom