Newbie with a 100 Gallon Tank - going SW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So, I am also looking into (for way down the road, but good to know from now) how much is too much fish. I have my trusty compatability chart. I know I want a lion and a psychadelic goby (compatable? CHECK) maybe a puffer (CHECK) but obviously, this will be a very slow process, I am going to start with a hermit and some snails. Are they compatible with everything? And do they count as a fish in the tank? How many will I eventually be able to have?

Just looked down the chart...lions are buggers eh? They don't like much of anything :( Maybe I'll have to rethink that one

If you want a reef, or any small fish, a lion isn't an option. It will eat any fish or inverts that will fit in its mouth. I also wouldn't suggest a mandarin. They need a large, established tank as they only eat pods. They also have a very poor record in the home aquarium. IMO a fish best left in the ocean.

If you want a reef, or any small fish, a lion isn't an option. It will eat any fish or invert that will fit in its mouth. I also wouldn't suggest a mandarin. They need a large, established tank as they only eat pods. They also have a very poor record in the home aquarium. IMO a fish best left in the ocean.

This is why I am here oh might one!

Please suggest a good line up for my team....keeping in mind, I'm a chick and like pretty and frilly...but I have a weird, twisted side to me to, so I like super U-G-L-Y too lol, you know, the ones that would DEFINATELY be picked on at the underwater monkeybars....

Cox82 said:
This is why I am here oh might one!

Please suggest a good line up for my team....keeping in mind, I'm a chick and like pretty and frilly...but I have a weird, twisted side to me to, so I like super U-G-L-Y too lol, you know, the ones that would DEFINATELY be picked on at the underwater monkeybars....

Check out a pink spotted watchman goby they are cute and ugly at the same time.

What do you guys think about the following line up (35 gallon):

10 naussarius snails
2 mexican turbos
15 mis of astrea, cerith, cone trochus and margaritas
5 blue hermits
3 red hermits
1 green emerald

2 anthias
2 jawfish
1 Kaudern cardinal
2 gobys

Corals: