Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-29-2011, 07:16 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Next fish...

Hi guys,
I would like to get a new fish for my 29 gallon. I would like some kind of fish that lives on the bottom of the tank eg blenny or goby. I would love a mandarin but know I don't have the pods The fish MUST be peaceful. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance, Eddy

Old 11-29-2011, 08:05 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Yellow watchman goby, very peaceful and good looking!

Old 11-29-2011, 08:08 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I like the yellow watchman goby as well.

What is your current stock right now?
Old 11-29-2011, 08:16 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

I have a yellow watchman, awesome fish. Super peaceful doesn't bug my shrimp or snails or other fish. And is always perched on either my sand bottom or on top of a rock
Old 11-30-2011, 04:17 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist

Thanks for all the replies
I have:
1) Oc. Clown
1) Bangaii Cardinal
1) Blue/green Chromis
1) Royal Gramma
Does anyone have any other fish that they like and could tell me?
Old 11-30-2011, 06:55 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Regular

A yellow clown goby would be good,I have one and he just hangs around at the bottom and in the rocks. You could try a mandarin just make sure it eats regular food too, it wont need as many pods then. I have one and he eat the blood worms or any frozen shrimp I put in there.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:29 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

There are alot of great fish to pick from, have you looked at Aquarium Fish: Tropical Freshwater Fish and Saltwater Fish for Home Aquariums ? There is a nano section which has smaller fish.

I would strongly suggest staying away from a mandarin unless you have alot of pods in your tank. The likelyhood of it eating prepared right off the back are very very slim....
Old 11-30-2011, 01:45 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
I would strongly suggest staying away from a mandarin unless you have alot of pods in your tank. The likelyhood of it eating prepared right off the back are very very slim....
+1

Also if your new to the saltwater world and dont know much about these fish they are a challenge to say the least. You have to have the patience for them, a refugium that is spawning a constent amount of pods and the right water conditions to keep that up. And trying to get them to eat regular frozen mysis is a slim margin from my own personal experiences.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com