Next fish...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MarineEddy

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi guys,
I would like to get a new fish for my 29 gallon. I would like some kind of fish that lives on the bottom of the tank eg blenny or goby. I would love a mandarin but know I don't have the pods :( The fish MUST be peaceful. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance, Eddy :D

I have a yellow watchman, awesome fish. Super peaceful doesn't bug my shrimp or snails or other fish. And is always perched on either my sand bottom or on top of a rock

Thanks for all the replies :)
I have:
1) Oc. Clown
1) Bangaii Cardinal
1) Blue/green Chromis
1) Royal Gramma
Does anyone have any other fish that they like and could tell me?

A yellow clown goby would be good,I have one and he just hangs around at the bottom and in the rocks. You could try a mandarin just make sure it eats regular food too, it wont need as many pods then. I have one and he eat the blood worms or any frozen shrimp I put in there.

I would strongly suggest staying away from a mandarin unless you have alot of pods in your tank. The likelyhood of it eating prepared right off the back are very very slim....

+1

Also if your new to the saltwater world and dont know much about these fish they are a challenge to say the least. You have to have the patience for them, a refugium that is spawning a constent amount of pods and the right water conditions to keep that up. And trying to get them to eat regular frozen mysis is a slim margin from my own personal experiences.

Back
Top Bottom