Night time aquarium work

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ThrowedToad

Aquarium Advice Freak
I work nights and am eager to get things done at night. Will turning the lights on throw off my tank's natural light cycle or will it just be a slight inconvenience?

You should probably set your lighting up to your schedule, maybe give it lighting 2 hours less during the day and 2 hours more at night.

Thank you! won't mess with it tonight. change one hour today and one hour tommorow.

i have a 125 and just reg flourescents so my hygro and various crytps appreciate it as i dont dose or use co2... i know what you mean though,.. i wake up about 7am and go to be about 11-12pm

i have a 125 and just reg flourescents so my hygro and various crytps appreciate it as i dont dose or use co2... i know what you mean though,.. i wake up about 7am and go to be about 11-12pm

Oh OK FW. I thought you were talking about Sw. I imagine your plants dont mind but what about your fish?

ya my bad i was just browsing and decided my 2 cents in... the fish dont seem to mind, especially any breeding pairs in there.

Back
Top Bottom